isolated outputs not working correctly?

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

isolated outputs not working correctly?

Postby Jduke » Sun May 30, 2021 6:02 pm

I have 3 axbb-e's running so I have done some comparison, and seem to have a problem on one running a plasma table.

the isolated outputs 3-8 on port 1 are not working correctly.

output 2 is working, but not completely correctly.

output 2 is putting out 5 volts, which happens to be enough to trigger the relay that I am using to power the torch on and off,

but outputs 3-8 don't show any voltage across them when I switch them on.

I checked on one of my other machines, and its wired pretty much the same way, it has 24v from outputs 2-8 on port 1.

I have checked and double checked to make sure I have 24v wired to the 24v in and that polarity is correct, I have also checked the 5v power supply, as recommended they are separate isolated power supplies.

any ideas on what may be wrong?
Jduke

Re: isolated outputs not working correctly?

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:32 am

The UCBB outputs never output positive Voltage, because they are NPN switches, so they can only sink current, it cannot source.
Therefor if you measuring voltage on the output without anything connected to the output then the result with be 0Volts or close to 0Volts.
So, the question is what and how did you exactly connected? Please explain the wiring in details.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Jduke » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:12 pm

I have seperate 5v and 24 power supplies wired to the AXBB-e

on the problematic one,
port 1 output 2 when activated from output 2 pin to negative on the 24v power supply shows +5v when measured to the positive of the 24v power supply, it shows -19v
when port 1 output 3 is active, from that pin to 24v ps, when measured to negative its 0v, when measures -24v

on the AXBB-e that I have on another plasma cutter that is able to trigger relays on both output 2 and 3
when I measure the voltage from the output on the AXBB-e, it appears to act more like what your saying with 24v measured from the output to the positive leg of the 24v power supply.

the relay that I am trying to run is an externally powered relay from Hiletgo on amazon that has 24v going to its inputs and then just a signal wire coming from the output on the AXBB-e

i am begging to believe that the hiletgo relay module is the issue,
after some more trouble shooting, it seems that i am able to use output 2 to the input of the relay with the the H/L trigger set to high and on the rest of the outputs I have to set that selector to Low.

Duke
Jduke

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:41 pm

The UCBB and AXBB-E outputs are exactly the same circuits.
Yes, that is a good idea to try to switch a different relay.

Also it would be good if you could explain what is connect to where, you still did not explain that.
Like to what points did not connect the 2 sides of the relay?
It might be also possible that you connected the relay with reverse polarity, some relays do not work that way.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Hardware