AXBB-E 6 axis wiring

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

AXBB-E 6 axis wiring

Postby Giffster » Sat May 08, 2021 10:21 am

Hi All,
I'm having some troubles getting additional axes running on the AXBB-E board.
I have a 5-axis router that I have allowed a 6th axis for future expansion.

controller box consists of an AXBB-E with 6x TB6600 drivers - Ethernet connection to an i5 8gb ram NUC running WIN10 pro.
24v PSU, 12v PSU, 5v PSU (all independent)
PC link to controller is flawless and all limit, estop and z-probe working fine.

I have all X,Y,Z,A axes running perfectly, however these are all running of the non-isolated outputs (port 1 / pins 09-16)
The B and C axes signal outputs are connected to pins 05-08 on the isolated side of port 1.
It is my understanding that these are isolated from the 5v0 on the non-isolated side, so I have bypassed the 5v0 on the AXBB-E board for these two axes and run them directly from the 5v0 side of the PSU.
I have also tried these wired back to the 5v- on the non-isolated side.

Currently, I cannot get any movement from any axes connected to the isolated side.

The kicker here is that I'm using mach3. I have other machines in my workshop running mach3 and for consistency, would like stick with it.
The port / pin allocation in mach3 settings are pretty straight forward and I believe I have them allocated properly.

At this stage, I feel this is a hardware wiring issue, rather than a software issue. Does anybody have a wiring diagram for connecting 5/6 axes to an AXBB-E?

That being said, any advice from anybody who has successful used MACH3 with an AXBB-E with more than 4 axes would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Giffster
Giffster

Re: AXBB-E 6 axis wiring

Postby dezsoe » Mon May 17, 2021 9:45 pm

The Isolated outputs connect to 24V0 when activated. Of course, they can be used to control drivers, but they need some resistors. What drivers do you want to connect?
dezsoe

Return to Hardware