UC300ETH UCBB1 with Gecko G203V -NO MOVEMENT

Postby ShaneHousley » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:53 pm

No movement jogging stepper in UCCNC.

Hardware in use:
- UC300ETH with UCBB1 breakout board.
- Gecko G203V Driver
- Nema 34 1600oz stepper 4 wire
-Meanwell 5v 3a power supply. Used for UC300ETH
-Meanwell 24v 2.2amp power supply. Used for UCBB1 and Gecko driver. This is being used for testing only on driver. I have a 72v 16.5amp power supply that will be in use for drivers x3.

I have the UC300ETH and BOB attached with port 2. I have tried port 3 as well. Software is not in demo mode and boots up fine on my computer. I have a solid blue and green light on UC300ETH and solid blue light on Bob. Solid green light on driver. The motor has holding torque but I cannot jog it either direction.

Wiring: I have O1 going to step terminal on driver. O2 going to direction terminal on driver. Common is grounded on buss bar from 24v power supply. I have checked wiring to stepper for continuity and should be correct.

Anyone else using the ucbb with geckos? Have any idea what's wrong? I've reached out to Gecko and haven't had a response yet. Any help is much appreciated
ShaneHousley

Re: UC300ETH UCBB1 with Gecko G203V -NO MOVEMENT

Postby eabrust » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:04 pm

Wiring: I have O1 going to step terminal on driver. O2 going to direction terminal on driver. Common is grounded on buss bar from 24v power supply. I have checked wiring to stepper for continuity and should be correct.

I don't think you want the common to go to 24V ground. I think you want common to be +5 Volts.

Per UCBB manual:

gecko hoockup.JPG

Per Geckodrive:

gecko2.JPG

Consider the 'step' and 'dir' on the gecko as the 'step -' and 'dir -' in the UCBB manual, and the 'common' is +5 common for both signals

regards,
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Re: UC300ETH UCBB1 with Gecko G203V -NO MOVEMENT

Postby dezsoe » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:49 pm

The 24V and 5V grounds are common, so no problem with it. The 5V output is generated from the 24V.
dezsoe

Return to Hardware