Macro_capability_detailed.htm - suggested corrections

This section is for Users that want to create and share Documentation about UCCNC.

Re: Macro_capability_detailed.htm - suggested corrections

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Just updated the file again.....

I had a suggestion of:
1) sorting the functions alphabetically (this I cannot see the point with as the functions are grouped by purpose (i.e. Getcurrenttool() is right next to Setcurrenttool() and Getnewtool() etc etc .....) .... but if you think its better to have them alphabetically still let me know (the index does list them alphabetically with the page number adjacent).

2) I have sorted the screenset functions alphabetically as that made sense to me..... (unless someone knows a reason why the format was the way it was).

3) have two sets of LEDs, BUTTONS, FIELDS etc..... one sorted by number and another alphabetically ..... to be fair the best manual I used with Mach3 for DRO's etc was this one https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjqpYGzlLPPAhVsJ8AKHaBqBjkQFggeMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.machsupport.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D19482.0%3Battach%3D27839&usg=AFQjCNGJn1E7RpKyfyjY7STvwaxPFsA6ng&sig2=kmhqGaqLoT1l5XqD25kE1w..... and that has them arranged in both orders.... hence I'll do this (and remove the items from the index (that was a PIA) ..... hence the index will only list functions by group)

I've moved the g-codes and m-codes lists up to the front (as you'll need them next the macros if you're like me and can't remember stuff).....

I may move the index infront of the Macros.... that way you can look through the list alphabetically or search through the functions by group as they are arranged (item 1 above)

Comments welcome
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Much appreciated. :D
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby mphel » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:44 am

Good work Rob, thanks for putting the time in..
Mark
mphel

Postby ger21 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Couple questions.
Probing is written into Variable #5061-5066.
Is there a list of variables, and which are available for users to use?
This was a big issue with Mach3, where most of the variables were never documented.

Also.
Is there a way to read a list? You can add items to a list, but how do you use the list? There are only two lists in the stock screensets, and they are read by internal functions.
Since you can add a list, how can you actually use them?
Gerry
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:43 pm

.... semi final version uploaded to the link above for those interested please review and offer any comments.

I'll have a look at the current (bugfix version 1.2024) this evening and add in anything if there is and update the revision number.

I will add a corrections list at the rear too I think..... if any other items are added (as per Gerry's request above) I'll add them to the manual.
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:50 pm

There's a typo on page 7 that's in the original CNC Drive doc.

It says AS3 when it should say AS3Jog.
Should be:
exec
AS3
AS3Jog
Gerry
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Fixed in word document.... anymore for anymore?
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Presume AS3jog is with a lowercase j as per the rest of the manual and not as listed with a capital J

Pdf updated and uploaded
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Correct, lowercase j.
Gerry
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:05 pm

another manual update.... what do you think?

Took some advice from TP kindly about creating big documents and to avoid reprinting it and loosing the pagination to add some dead space with a few pages at the end of each section (hence you can just replace the section should you print it out ....... I haven't checked that each section starts on an odd page... if you print double sided! <><> note to self!<><>)

I've added something on Buttoncodes (20000 - 20999) where you can write your own in .... so you can remember them....

I've added in a variables section at the rear (as it may grow or not...) I have copied the uccnc manual and expanded it a bit (sorry I didn't think that is made sense / good english [sorry not trying to be insulting or anything]

I've added a disclaimer (should you want a laugh).

If it's too clunky / much let me know ....

There is a suggestion to add a section of example macros [if statements] and some C# (basic stuff .... note I'm self taught and aint been doing it long....)

I am not trying to overshadow or supersede the CNCdrive manuals at all! [I'd rather they did the programming I can't do .... instead of the manual + formatting though]
Robertspark

PreviousNext

Return to User Documentation