Anyone have a gcode example for a good synchronous m10/M11 p

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Anyone have a gcode example for a good synchronous m10/M11 p

Postby CNCMarlin » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:30 am

Long time reader, first time posting.

I recently dialed in my plasma table and have it cutting quite nice. I have minimized the divot caused by the lead in/out but would like to see it almost gone or better yet gone! My research as lead me to believe my solution is using the laser outputs in conjunction with the spindle outputs to have the torch turn on and off in motion but have yet to fully understand what the really means. If anyone has a gcode I could look at as well as give me a general idea of why it's placed there I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Michael
CNCMarlin

Re: Anyone have a gcode example for a good synchronous m10/M

Postby CNCMarlin » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:11 pm

Hello, just checking to see if anyone has any more information on the above? Or a link to what I may be looking for Ive exhausted many hours into trying to find what I am looking for but do not understand what people are doing without some kind of visual aid. Thanks.
CNCMarlin

Postby Battwell » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:12 am

laser output is a pwm signal.
works fantastic for lasers to adjust the power as variable in motion.
i cannot see how this would help with plasma where the torch is on or off ?
unless your plasma source has pwm signal power setting?
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby asuratman » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:26 pm

Can we use M10/M11 for fiber laser ? I mean to use uccnc on fiber laser.
asuratman

Postby formantjim » Mon May 29, 2023 6:53 pm

UCCNC outputs PWM for the laser and there is an excellent plugin that can be used for etching images etc. For using the laser to cut stuff then Fusion 360 outputs M10/11 commands together with the S command to modulate the power level S0 to S255. This is what I use with my 10W Fiber laser works fantastic.
I think we have two subjects going here so to fully understand what the original poster CNCmarlin is asking regarding Plasma cutting it is a little bit different. Because Plasma has to generate an arc before cutting, one has the entry point just away from the cutline by at least the kerf of the plasma. But as far as I know UCCNC should work it is all about the post processor generating the correct GCode for the plasma.
formantjim

Return to CNC Plasma