1st build plasma cutter. M31 during Gcode run question....

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

1st build plasma cutter. M31 during Gcode run question....

Postby MJB777 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi all. Total newbie here. I've built a non THC floating Z plasma cutter and due to previous experience with "other" software I went with a compatible eth controller and the "other" software however I've given up trying to get M31 to work before every cut. From what I can gather the "other" software although good motion control software melts down if macros are run while running Gcode, and they seem to have no intention of rectifying it.

I've purchased an AXBB-E controller and when I have time will swap it in and also start setting up UCCNC on my laptop.

Question: Does UCCNC run M code macros reliably during Gcode ie. Call a z axis touch off "M31" and execute G92 axis dro overwrite reliably prior to each cut or is it buggy like the "other" software?

Thanks.
MJB777

Re: 1st build plasma cutter. M31 during Gcode run question..

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:22 pm

Hi,

I don't think that the other software (Mach3) has bugs like that or at least I don't know about such bugs, maybe your macro had some problems.
For example it is important to wait while the axis is moving/probing otherwise the macro could end up writting the probed coordinate into a DRO before the probing actually finished.
If you will encounter any problems with your probing macro then we are happy to help you to resolve it, you will just have to post your probing macro.
And no the UCCNC has no such bugs.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to CNC Plasma