Ohmic sensor triggering after arc start

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Ohmic sensor triggering after arc start

Postby Mr.Hotwire » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:31 am

I'm using one of the robot3t sensors. During the IHS it works perfectly, it wont squish aluminum foil, and maintains the right pierce height.

My problem is... as soon as the arc starts it triggers the ohmic sensor, and sets off an alarm state stopping the cut.

any suggestions?
Mr.Hotwire

Re: Ohmic sensor triggering after arc start

Postby Robertspark » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:40 am

install a relay to break the ohmic sensor input after you have carried out the touchoff.

it is probably triggering with the HF start.
Robertspark

Postby Mr.Hotwire » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:50 pm

RS,

What I see is a LOT of things, and its great that they are there, but the documentation is Mach3 Specific.

I have looked at page 19, and I have cut the trace and bridged the other one to activate the built in relay.

NOW, I have to put together a maco that will turn on the relay, that will allow me to probe using the Ohmic sensor, then turn OFF the relay so that it doesnt get any "Missfires".

More learning, and more reading. Thank you VERY much for sending me back to the manual. Its been months of me away from the machine, and only now do I have the time and need to get back to it.

Thank you again!
Mr.Hotwire

Postby Mr.Hotwire » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:30 pm

** UPDATE **

So, What I did was I assigned Pin 15 of the LPT to M10.1 Active high and M10.2 Active Low. I used these commands like so :

M10.1 G31 Z-50 F350 (Ohmic On / Probe Surface)

M10.2 M03 (Ohmic Off / Arc Start)

This turned the relays built into the LPT BOB on and off isolating the ohmic sensor and solved my issue with THAT... now onto the rest..
Mr.Hotwire

Return to CNC Plasma