floating Z up and up again

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

floating Z up and up again

Postby fre2fall5 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:00 am

Hello, new member here,
I have an issue i just cant figure out, machine runs fine most of the time but will randomly make the Z go up instead of down. sequence goes like this when it screws up, z lowers to contact sheet then comes up activate the switch and then rises to pierce height, then instead of firing and lowering to cut height it fires and rises. The DRO shows it should be at the correct cut height but in reality it has risen to pierce height+cut height. I have replaced the stepper motor and traced the wiring back to the controller (Leadshine multi axes controller). I know its not in the gcode because when it happens I do a run from here function and cuts fine for a while until it decides to mess up again. Making me pull my air out!!
fre2fall5

Re: floating Z up and up again

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:50 am

The Z is then controlled by the THC? Is this a plasma machine?
If yes, then ofcourse the problem is not in the g-code, because in this case the Z axis is moved by the THC input signals.
So, the issue is likely to be in the THC controller.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby repauli1 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:22 pm

I have the same exact issue, and it is random, but occurs every run of program, never in same spot. In diag screen it shows torch firing before probing. Very aggravating, it is not the sensors, it is not noise related.
repauli1

Postby repauli1 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 pm

Let me add, power was disconnected from THC
repauli1

Return to CNC Plasma