How to wire a Price AVHC10 to a UCCNC UCBB breakout board

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Re: How to wire a Price AVHC10 to a UCCNC UCBB breakout boar

Postby Rodzilla » Sun May 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the explanations and I get what the different macros do, but the thing that's confusing me is....do these macros such as antidive and anti down need to be put into post and show up on g-code, or can i simply have the buttons enabled on the GUI screen?? And if not, why do they have the buttons on the screen?

Cheers
Rodzilla

Postby Robertspark » Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 am

You can leave m205, m207 and m209 perminantly on and toggle m211 via gcode.

You could also set the gcode to have m205, m207 and m209 enabled via a setup script to be turned on (or ensure they are turned on ) and again toggle m211 when you need it.

There is no harm in having the screen buttons on the screen where you don't use the torch height control. For instance you want to check the cutting height of the thc so you could start a test cut with thc, turn it off and stop motion and check the torch height to confirm it is where it is suppose to be.

Note when you issue a torch off and thc is on the torch will try to dive because M5 is a non synchronous macro so it requires the machine to stop motion to run M5.
Robertspark

Postby Rodzilla » Mon May 11, 2020 11:44 pm

Thanks Robert, again, you've been very helpful. You and Jeff Coldon have kept me from going off the deepend :)
Rodzilla

Previous

Return to CNC Plasma