uccnc plasma seup

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

uccnc plasma seup

Postby jcoldon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:32 pm

I finaly got my uccnc plasma running top notch

some things I discovered one big one when the thc is off uccnc noes not use arc ok in put so what I found is buy the time the machine
sends a torch fire signal to the plasma in my case hypertherm pm 85 thers a 300 mili sec delay . so what I did was put a m3 delay on the spindle of 350 mili sec
this solved the problem of movement befor torch fires when thc is off .
then thers the probe input . and smart probe I use the round torch mount so I have 1 input for coulision and IHS smart probe does this
probe lowers does IHS then smart probe gets turned on after m3 if I hit a tip up it stop .
then the next thing I had was turning the thc on and off with small holes and small corners I added some code in the post processor for sheet cam

if any one need a uccnc post processor for sheet cam setup o do the above things I made one to suit the need
I posted it on my face book page cnc plasma table builders . if this helps any one running plasma
you will need to setup your sheet cam codes in sheet cam tools for thc on and off and the post processor will do the rest

I have tested a lot of controllers more then most oem I found for the money and easy setup uccnc tops the list it runs better then the smooth stepper hands down
now if cnc drive could just make a built in voltage reader card to read the devided voltage like 50 to 1 for torch height control with on screen voltage display and setting
that would make it a top plasma seller and build an ohmic touch also right now I used an robot 3t ohmic and there torch mount the round one
with the round mount uccnc does the slide and coulision in one with 1 input
well hope this info helps others get there plasma going
jcoldon

Re: uccnc plasma seup

Postby beefy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:11 pm

Your post would be much easier to read if you used correct punctuation.

You know those things called capital letters and periods ??? The capital letter goes at the beginning of a sentence, and the period goes at the end of a sentence.

There's also a highly advanced thing called a comma, which you may consider using.
beefy

Postby The-Meerkat » Wed May 06, 2020 7:27 pm

Harsh.
The-Meerkat

Postby Demusman » Wed May 06, 2020 11:05 pm

The-Meerkat wrote:Harsh.

But very true.
Demusman

Return to CNC Plasma