Anyone know if Neuron forum is dead ???

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Anyone know if Neuron forum is dead ???

Postby beefy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:20 am

Using Neuron Lite with UCCNC for plasma work.

Just tried the hole marking feature for the first time and it's doing something really weird. Got one single hole and it marks this OK but then raises Z, comes back down and marks it again. Then wants to do it all over again.
The generated gcode gives only one M405 so the problem is internal to the Neuron controller.
Can'f find any instructions in the latest Neuron manual regarding the hole marking, but then again the manual still seems quite outdated and doesn't seem to have been updated to support UCCNC and its screenset. The manual is still referring to Mach3.

Went to Neurons website and clicked on the support forum link but all it comes up with is a page saying the site is hosted by Smart Ape. Never had that happen before.

Anyone the wiser ???

Keith.
beefy

Re: Anyone know if Neuron forum is dead ???

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:39 am

Yes that forum has been dead for a while, sure Andrew will be along soon
Robertspark

Postby beefy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:12 am

Thanks Rob,

I'll email Andrew then. Got a whole new problem now. Tried updating the Neuron firmware and installing the latest UCCNC files from the Neuron Dropbox. Now the Neuron seems stuffed and I can't jog the Z with the on screen buttons. Tried both the stable firmware and the later version, both giving same results.

From trying to mark a hole centre to a dead plasma table :(
beefy

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:31 am

I've spoken to Andrew a few times about the Dropbox basically it's a mess!

I could not figure out what was stable, development, russian,neuron lite, neuron pro, or done for an OEM

I'm guessing you've installed the pro firmware
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:41 am

Sent a pm
Robertspark

Postby beefy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:21 am

Thanks Rob.

Regarding the firmware, their's a "Firmware" folder within the "UCCNC Testing" folder. Then there's another "Firmware" folder within the main Dropbox folder.

BOTH have the firmware file "Neuron10_10_10_100_Uccnc_1.010" but there is a slight difference in their file sizes. I can't remember which one I used now.

Yes the instructions for the Neuron system are lacking. I asked Andrew quite some time ago about updating the Neuron manual for UCCNC but it still has not changed and is still Mach3 based. When I received my Neuron Lite there were no instructions on how to install the software. I had to ask Andrew via email.

Andrew, if you read this, your system is quite good but as Robert and myself have experienced, the instructions, documentation, and the Dropbox storage all need some improvements to help users.

Candcnc is a good example of well prepared instructions.
beefy

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:28 am

I did volunteer to have a go at updating the lite manual a while ago and Andrew kindly provided his lite manual word document I got about 25% done and stopped.....
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:33 am

beefy wrote:.

BOTH have the firmware file "Neuron10_10_10_100_Uccnc_1.010" but there is a slight difference in their file sizes. I can't remember which one I used now.

One will be for the pro..... The other lite.....

Again I've mentioned adding the suffix *_en_lite.dll to the plugins or *._ru_lite.dll or *_en_pro.dll etc
Robertspark

Postby spumco » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Ditto on the sparse documentation.

The hardware & functionality is great, but as you all have noted everything instruction-related is lacking. Andrew's help has been good, but we probably could have saved him a few hours of time spent with us working out some fiddly thing if the user's manual had been updated and UCCNC-specific.

Even the plugin macros have a half-baked feel. There are many duplicates which aren't called anywhere, and a couple of them are commented but most of them aren't.

And the random Cyrllic text in some of the macros, pop-up windows, message boxes, and so forth are amusing but not confidence-inspring.
spumco

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:08 pm

The thing is it's all developed for the pro and the lite version..... But it's not been kept separate..... Hence a bit of a mess... With the lite only the 405, 406 and 407
Robertspark

Next

Return to CNC Plasma