Neuron Lite setting - little more explanation needed.

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Neuron Lite setting - little more explanation needed.

Postby beefy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:04 pm

This is a question about Z axis setup with the Neuron Lite THC I'm using with UCCNC. I tried to create a new topic on the Neuron forum but all I got was a blank page.

I'm not quite sure exactly what this setting means:

Clear Plate Distance
Description: This value is the distance where system expects the Float head clear plate signal in IHS procedure.
Settings: 0 – 20 mm

I mean there's also the setup procedure in the same window where you put a 4mm spacer under the torch. I thought that one would have been all that's needed, so I'm obviously not understanding something.

Cheers,

Keith.
beefy

Re: Neuron Lite setting - little more explanation needed.

Postby shad » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:37 am

Hello Keith!
I am try to explain Clear Plate Distance.
During IHS, after the float head micro-switch is activated (torch touch plate) controller stop move torch down and begins its lifting up until the float head micro-switch deactivated - this is Touch-Off future.
The distance at which the controller waits for the micro-switch deactivated is the Clear Plate Distance.
If the cutter is raised above the set value (any problem with micro-switch or mechanics), an error will be issue. This prevents the torch from arc transfer at too high height.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Re: Neuron Lite setting - little more explanation needed.

Postby beefy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks very much Andrew, I think I understand now.

So it is the distance from when the touch-off microswitch is tripped (and Z movement stops) when the Z axis is moving down, to when the touch of switch is reset as the Z starts moving back up.

The description "Clear Plate Distance" is a little confusing (at least to me) because it sounds like the torch will lift up away from the plate (i.e. "clear" the plate) for some distance.

I think a more understandable description would be "Float Switch Trip to Reset Distance" or something similar.

That is another good feature by the way.

Cheers,

Keith.
beefy

Return to CNC Plasma