Synchronous O/P M10.1 still under development ???

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Re: Synchronous O/P M10.1 still under development ???

Postby Redlunn » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:34 pm

beefy wrote:Are you directly controlling Torch On/Off with the M10.1/M11.1 ??

Yes, is that not the correct way to do it?
Redlunn

Postby beefy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Not saying it's the wrong way of controlling the torch, it's just that it wasn't specified you were using M10.1 to do that. As the main talk of this thread came about because Andrew (Shad) wanted the M10.1 developed for controlling "THC Hold" on his Neuron THC, I just wanted to confirm your use was for the torch.

In Mach3, users would use a similar synchronous O/P to control the torch, when they wanted to turn the torch off during motion, typically when cutting holes. Normally, however, the M3/M5 output is used to control the torch.

I'm also very interested in a solution to this because I can see me using one of these synchronous O/Ps for controlling the torch at some point.

M10/M11 has to operate "between" M3/M5, but M10.1/M11.1 does not have this restriction. However, I'm also wondering if the STOP also does not have any effect on M10.1/M11.1 or if it's a bug.
beefy

Postby cncdrive » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:13 pm

M10.x are not controlled by the STOP button.
Only the M10 is controlled by the M3/M5 and the STOP/RESET.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Just a quick code for you. Save this code as a macro (e.g. M25100.txt) and set it as Macroloop and select Autorun. This macroloop will check the Cycle Start LED and when it goes off then displays the message and runs the code.

Code: Select all
// ================================================================================================
// Task when Cycle stopped
// ================================================================================================

bool CurrentCycleState = exec.GetLED(CycleStartLED);

if (CurrentCycleState != LastCycleState)
{
  LastCycleState = CurrentCycleState;
  if (!CurrentCycleState)
  {
    exec.AddStatusmessage("Cycle finished!");                                   // Put your message here
    exec.Codesync("M11.1");                                                     // Put your command here
    while (exec.IsMoving());
  }
}

#Events

const int CycleStartLED = 54;

static bool LastCycleState = false;
dezsoe

Postby Redlunn » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:32 am

dezsoe wrote:Just a quick code for you. Save this code as a macro (e.g. M25100.txt) and set it as Macroloop and select Autorun. This macroloop will check the Cycle Start LED and when it goes off then displays the message and runs the code.

Your code worked perfectly. Thank you!
Redlunn

Postby ErikMc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:48 pm

I’m sorry if this is painfully basic. I’ve been having one hell of a time getting my stand alone THC to work with UCCNC. It seems to freeze my THC use of this m10.1 would be my best option. Can someone explain to me how to set this up. In the triggers/output screen I enter my port and pin that connects to my THC controller. Then what LED do I select? Once that is done I will use snippets in sheetcam to add gcode to trigger the freeze via m10.1/m11.1 correct?
ErikMc

Previous

Return to CNC Plasma