THC probing for I H S

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

THC probing for I H S

Postby jcoldon » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:31 am

I am looking to use probe input 1 and probe 2 input . right now i use probe 1. my post processor does a g31 for my torch slide. the offset in the post processor . works good

What i want to do is use an ohmic on probe 1 and and the slide switch on probe 2
How would i make this work i need each probe input to have a different offset setting for the Z ..

This way ohmic first. if it fails the switch never mises. i use an proxy switch in the nc mode.
it a round torch mount. it does collusion also. buy turning on the safe mode macro .. in the post processor in sheet cam
jcoldon

Re: THC probing for I H S

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:24 pm

The 2 probe inputs are connected by the motion controllers firmware. However, you can write a macro for the probing, which can check the input pins to find out which probe input is active and set the height. The input pins can be read by their LED numbers, see documentation for the numbers.
dezsoe

Postby jcoldon » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:50 pm

thanks is there a plasma macro some were . I can down load ?
just make some changes to led or ports and pins.
im not a software guy trying to figure this macro stuff out
jcoldon

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:31 pm

I don't know about an existing macro, but in a few days I can write one.
dezsoe

Postby jcoldon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 am

wow dezsoe that would be realy helpful that would help me understand how the macro operates finish up my plasma table .
jcoldon

Postby asuratman » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:32 am

I don't know about an existing macro, but in a few days I can write one.

Do you have the macro somewhere ready to be downloaded ?
asuratman

Postby jcoldon » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:32 pm

I have not herd anything in a wile on this not sure were thay are with the macro
jcoldon

Postby dezsoe » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Hello Guys,

Last week I had time to test this problem and I have bad news. While probing with two probes works fine, finding which probe touched is not working. I run some hundreds of probes and found that sometimes the ohmic sensor makes only a little spike which is enough for a successful probe, but when you try to find which probe is active, you'll find that none of them.

I wrote "sometimes", but in fact, it is many times. It depends on the surface quality and the probe feed rate. While probing slowly gives a more precise result, it makes much more "spike type" contacts, because the axis can stop in very short time (and distance), so the contact will not be stable. The best results were about 98% and the worse less than 10%.
dezsoe

Postby Greolt » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:06 am

Just my thoughts on this,

The problem seems to be that the first or ohmic may not produce a steady reliable signal to be checked by the macro.

But the second or floating head input should provide a more reliable steady input signal.

Would it not suffice to have the macro assume that if the floating head input was not active, then it must have been triggered by the ohmic input?
Greolt

Postby Robertspark » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:16 am

Here is my circuit for that macro I created (its worked well for me)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=154&p=19642#p19642
Robertspark

Next

Return to CNC Plasma