Create and cut or pocket a circle

Here is where you can drop off Examples of WORKING macros,plugins,Gcode programs , macro Wizards etc.
Please give a brief description of what it is and how it works.

Create and cut or pocket a circle

Postby Dan911 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm rewriting the wizards in wizard plugin and posting as individuals here. I'm eliminating the use of all the G9I(incremental) calls and adding some request such as a Z start and zero top or bottom of material.

CP_circle.JPG

Cut or Pocket a Circle.zip
Dan911

Re: Create and cut or pocket a circle

Postby AvB » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:19 am

I haven't used the UCCNC wizards but wanted to say that for an amateur guy like me, it would be really great for the wizards to have a block of text somewhere on the screen that summarized the basic operations required to use the wizard. I recently used the Mach3 digitize wizard for the first time recently and thought it was crazy that you had to work out the basics through trial and error, when it would have been so much easier if the guy had included some notes like "There is no need to zero the axes before running the wizard. The wizard starts its run from current position. Probing at each point will start from safe height, not start height. Enter probe depth as negative if away is negative on Z axis". Etc,etc.
AvB

Postby Dan911 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 pm

AvB wrote:I haven't used the UCCNC wizards but wanted to say that for an amateur guy like me, it would be really great for the wizards to have a block of text somewhere on the screen that summarized the basic operations required to use the wizard. I recently used the Mach3 digitize wizard for the first time recently and thought it was crazy that you had to work out the basics through trial and error, when it would have been so much easier if the guy had included some notes like "There is no need to zero the axes before running the wizard. The wizard starts its run from current position. Probing at each point will start from safe height, not start height. Enter probe depth as negative if away is negative on Z axis". Etc,etc.

c_pwizard.jpg
Dan911

Postby AvB » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:57 pm

That's brilliant, thanks.
AvB

Postby ejg3855 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:35 pm

I am having some trouble installing this and I am not sure why.

When I go to the "configure plugin" screen and hit show it says "this plugin does not implement the showup event"

Then I tried to make a macro that would call the .dll using the exec.Pluginshowup ("Cut or Pocket a Circle.dll"); and it gives errors.

Any suggestions on what I am missing, I am sure its simple.

Thanks
ejg3855

Postby Spuds » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:20 pm

ejg3855 wrote:I am having some trouble installing this and I am not sure why.
When I go to the "configure plugin" screen and hit show it says "this plugin does not implement the showup event".
Thanks

Same here Dan.
UCCNC 1.2112
Thanks
Attachments
noconfig.jpg
noshow.jpg
Spuds

Postby ger21 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:49 pm

I think he needs to recompile the plugin for the newer versions of UCCNC.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:54 pm

No, I think it is called by a fixed buttonnumber. If I can recall. :) I hope Dan will come and tell it.
dezsoe

Postby Vmax549 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:26 pm

It should use Button # 6333 to start teh Wizard.

IF I remember correctly (;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:18 pm

Hello All,

Wow...I cannot believe I didn't post the button# for this, even more surprised no one made me aware at the time. Unfortunately that comp was shut down for sometime and when I tried to boot it up the hard drive gave me the clicking sound of death. Lost a lot of good stuff, and yes I was a idiot and didn't back anything up.

I feel bad seeing there's quite a bit of downloads and frustrated attempts it must of caused trying to get working. In the process of searching an old laptop for files I came across a old plugin I was putting together and did what that one did and more. It's basically a very limited cad program.

1. Put in UCCNC plugin folder and check both boxes, call startup and enable.
2. Once you draw a entity go to top menu bar and press "File" than "Export UCCAM DXF".
3. Button# 21001 lol almost forgot

This dxf file it generates will only open in UCCAM. I never finished the settings tab but the grid spacing will save to the pro file. There's also a default of 3 layers, this gives you the opportunity for 3 toolpaths within UCCAM.

QuickCam.zip
(88.75 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Dan911

Next

Return to UCCNC TOOL BOX