Scope plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Scope plugin

Postby Robertspark » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:33 am

With regards to the default scope plugin, would it be possible to obtain the sourcecode for this plugin?
Or allow for it to be modified to be able to display other things such as monitor pin status changes, selected axis velocity, spindle speed and any other inputs or outputs?

The logging speed also appears quite slow, hence I was wondering if this could be adjusted via a setting or access to the sourcecode?

Seems like quite a handy tool, just requires a bit more development
Robertspark

Re: Scope plugin

Postby cncdrive » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi Rob,

I can share the source, but I don't think you will have much benefit from it,
because what that plugin does is it simply calling one API function to get veriables from the API.
The plugin is only for our own use, I mean for the developers, because we can use it to quickly test simple things with setting variables in the API and to show the values on the UCCNC side.
Users have no benefit from this particular plugin.

What can be useful for users is the Diagnostics plugin, because that shows variable values and LED states.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Scope plugin

Postby Robertspark » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Thanks Balazs,

I thought that the scope plugin could be expanded to be a little more visual similar to that available within LinuxCNC (called HALSCOPE)
http://www.wiki.eusurplus.com/index.php?title=Halscope

The advanced diagnostics plugin is a little sparse (i.e. you can only look at the status of the LED's and the VARs), but have no means to log data.

An example of the sort of thing that I was thinking was like Halscope, but what Andrew did with the Neuron with is that shown below.

One of the issues that he had was .NET 2.0 compatibility, and I found a charting DLL (zedgraph) which is available free and may offer a solution for logging + C# (which is what Andrew used for the charting / logging which is available within the Neuron).
http://zedgraph.sourceforge.net/samples.html
Attachments
2017-10-18 15_30_54-Neuron THC.png
Robertspark

Return to Plugins