Visual Studio

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Visual Studio

Postby valhallaCNC » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:57 pm

Seem like visual studio is the preferred program for plugin development. Which version should I be using ? Or is there another program I should be looking at ? Thanks in advance.
valhallaCNC

Re: Visual Studio

Postby ger21 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:03 pm

I don't think it really matters. I use Visual Basic 2010 Express, as I already had it installed and was familiar with it. You can find a link and activation codes with a little Googling.
Or you can get just get the latest free version. Whether you use VB or C# is just a matter of personal preference.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:28 pm

I prefer VS2010 Express, because it's very fast. If you need the dark theme and/or other bells and whistles then use VS2019. Between 2010 and 2019 there are some extreme slow versions and 2022 doesn't want to use .Net 4. (You can force it but 2019 works fine.)
dezsoe

Postby valhallaCNC » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:42 am

I installed VS2010 Express, put the example files in the locations described in the folder. I get a bunch of errors in both visual basic examples and c# examples. Most have to do with Plugininterface.Entry. Is this normal ? Seems like there is no documentation for plugins . I have read through a bunch of posts, the best answer is trial and error or read a bunch of programming books. This isn't my first bit of visual basic programming , I did custom applications for SCADA systems too many years ago. Is there one good reference that I can go by ?
valhallaCNC

Postby eabrust » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:23 am

You probably need to add the 'plugininterface.dll' as a reference, it likely shows up there, but isn't aimed at a file properly. If you check the solution explorer under references, it probably shows with an exclamation (or similar, I don't have VS open to check). Do right click, add references, and do a browse to the UCCNC directory and add that dll.

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby valhallaCNC » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:51 am

Thanks Eric , for pointing me in the right direction. After your tip I remembered I did not install UCCNC in the default directory. Once I pointed to the DLL, everything clicked into place.
Thanks Joe
valhallaCNC

Return to Plugins