XBox 360 plugin update

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: XBox 360 plugin update

Postby spumco » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:15 am

Eric,
I can’t really tell if the numbers are increasing smoothly when the jumps happen. It happens so quickly that I can see that some change has happened but nothing quantifiable. With jogging disabled it appears to track stick movement smoothly. The only way I can imagine being able to repeat this with any precision would be to rig up some threaded stick pusher thing and start turning it while watching the display.

I’m beginning to suspect that the encoders or potentiometers in the Xbox controller are just not reliable enough. Because it doesn’t happen every time I jog at slow speed, it’s probably not your plugin. Random events point me toward a hardware problem.
spumco

Assigning a button to “Auto Zero Initialize”

Postby rlrhett » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:50 am

I would like to assign the “start” button on the XBox controller to the “Auto Zero Initialize” button in the 2017 Screenset. Can this be done with this plugin? Is there a simple button number assignment, and if not how can I do it?

Thanks.
rlrhett

Re: Assigning a button to “Auto Zero Initialize”

Postby eabrust » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:17 am

Hi Rlrhett,

Any screenset 'button' can be activated from the xbox plugin as long as you know what the button number definition is.

Right now you can use the pull down to assign the standard buttons listed in the manual, ie, button 113 starts a 'home all' as is built into UCCNC. If you can get what the button number is for that 2017 screenset function by looking at the screen set, or ask Gerry, you should be able to just type that number in the box for the start button to call it.

hope that helps
Eric

rlrhett wrote:I would like to assign the “start” button on the XBox controller to the “Auto Zero Initialize” button in the 2017 Screenset. Can this be done with this plugin? Is there a simple button number assignment, and if not how can I do it?

Thanks.
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby ger21 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 am

The button numbers are all listed in the screenset manual.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby trendsetter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:38 am

Dear all,

I am struggling with the Xbox 360 since several days.
First of all, when I start UCCNC, there comes the message "enter nummerical value for manual feedrate" ==> Where to enter?

Secondly, when I try to configure/show the plugin (version 1.0004),
show: totally freezed UCCNC and have to restart UCCNC
configure just shows a window with "plugintest configuration window"
I installed
SlimDX in .NET 2.0, 4.0, .net 4.5, direct x12, directx 11
I am using windows10 64.

Does someone had the same issue, how can this be solved?

best regards,
Michael
trendsetter

Postby eabrust » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:49 pm

trendsetter wrote:Dear all,

I am struggling with the Xbox 360 since several days.
First of all, when I start UCCNC, there comes the message "enter nummerical value for manual feedrate" ==> Where to enter?

Secondly, when I try to configure/show the plugin (version 1.0004),
show: totally freezed UCCNC and have to restart UCCNC
configure just shows a window with "plugintest configuration window"
I installed
SlimDX in .NET 2.0, 4.0, .net 4.5, direct x12, directx 11
I am using windows10 64.

Does someone had the same issue, how can this be solved?

best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,
The plugin must be loading, as the window requesting a feedrate be entered is from the plugin. That means that SlimDX must be installed OK also. From the UCCNC plugin menu, you should have 'enabled' and 'show at startup' checked, and it will pop-up on load. the 'configure plugin' button shouldn't do anything, as there is not a separate config window for this plugin, . If you hit config and get that 'plugintest config' window, you have to close it to do anything in UCCNC, it isn't frozen, its just focused on that window.

The feedrate value requested is for the " 'Default' Feedrate (after Jogging)" box, after entering a value, hit 'save settings' button.

hope that helps
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby trendsetter » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:27 am

Hi Eric,

like in most cases the error sit´s in front of the PC, you are fuly right, it works now. Very sensitive control is possible, similar like in Estlcam, if you know that.

I just found one issue: Seems that diagonal movement just uses the same velocity in x,y direction even when one direction is just slightly pressed, and the other is pressed maximum.
Therefore this mode cannot be used pratically. Correct?

In comparison Estlcam moves diagonal in both direction with independent velocity and can therefore be controlles very smooth. Just a minor point, I can live with deactivated diagonal movement.

Best regards,
Michael
trendsetter

Postby eabrust » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:15 pm

trendsetter wrote:Hi Eric,

like in most cases the error sit´s in front of the PC, you are fuly right, it works now. Very sensitive control is possible, similar like in Estlcam, if you know that.

I just found one issue: Seems that diagonal movement just uses the same velocity in x,y direction even when one direction is just slightly pressed, and the other is pressed maximum.
Therefore this mode cannot be used pratically. Correct?

glad you got it working.

It is true, I have not found a way to jog two axis at once with a different velocity per axis (as was an original goal), I'm not sure UCCNC has a jog/movement command function that allows that sort of movement without issuing actual GCode G0/G1 commands. I always disable diagonal movement, and I've been thinking of defaulting the plugin to disable it and not allow 'diagonal' movements, but have left it an option for now.
regards,
Eric Brust
eabrust

Postby benny_ds » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Hey guys
Maybe weird question, but is this plugin the same as the one that comes installed in the latest version?

I tried it (the one that comes with the software) with a PS3 controller and it works. Well half of it works.
Following buttons work (nr is the button nr in the plugin):
Left joystick:
up: 15
down: 14
left: 12
right: 13
press: 8
right joystick: No movement works
press: 9
up down left right keypad: nothing works
triangle: 3
circle: 1
X: 0
square: 2
select: 6
start: 7
L1: 4
R1: 5
L2: nothing
R2: nothing

Maybe it is an easy fix to add all the other buttons, maybe it's impossible. I don't know. :)
But at least you know it is usable.
benny_ds

Postby benny_ds » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Ok so I was to fast with previous post.
I also tried now the other plugin from Eric, and it also works with a ps3 controller.
Going to play with it tomorrow. Need some sleep now.
benny_ds

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins