XBox 360 plugin update

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: XBox 360 plugin update

Postby spumco » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:13 am

eabrust wrote:Well,. I'll agree the user interface will win no awards for being clean and fully intuitive... :)

There's plenty of room for interface improvement, but that isn't my strength.

Eric

Not at all. I think the current issue is more user, and less interface ;)
spumco

Postby ukracer » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:24 am

Hi stupid question but does the Xbox controller plug into the computer and where is the Xbox plugin installed to?
ukracer

Postby ukracer » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:36 am

Do the Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller work with this plugin or does it have to be a wired controller?
ukracer

Postby 1.21gigawatts » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:36 am

ukracer wrote:Hi stupid question but does the Xbox controller plug into the computer and where is the Xbox plugin installed to?

There are no stupid questions. The Xbox controller plugs into a usb port on the computer. When you download the plugin, there will be a file called "README - xbox360 notes.txt" that has instructions on how to install the plugin. It's very simple.
1.21gigawatts

Postby ukracer » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:35 pm

1.21gigawatts wrote:
ukracer wrote:Hi stupid question but does the Xbox controller plug into the computer and where is the Xbox plugin installed to?

There are no stupid questions. The Xbox controller plugs into a usb port on the computer. When you download the plugin, there will be a file called "README - xbox360 notes.txt" that has instructions on how to install the plugin. It's very simple.

cheers mate..does it have to be a wired controller or can it be wireless?
ukracer

Postby eabrust » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:57 pm

ukracer wrote:
1.21gigawatts wrote:

cheers mate..does it have to be a wired controller or can it be wireless?

Wired and wireless both work, and while I've only tested a few knockoffs (look back through the posts), knockoffs that are wired and wireless also work if they support 'xinput' I believe.

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby AndyUK » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:01 pm

I'm using one of the latest official Xbox One S Wireless controllers over bluetooth. Works great with the plugin (but requires Windows 10).

Heres a link to the controller:
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/accessories/ ... controller

Thanks Eric, Love the Plugin. I'd be quite interested in adding a few tweeks to it for my own use - have you released the source code anywhere?
AndyUK

Postby eabrust » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:03 am

An updated version of XBox plugin ver. 2.060 is available here: http://www.craftycnc.com/download/511/

This update adds following features and changes:
- Plugin settings are now saved relative to your profile being used. You can have different settings when loading different profiles. Settings are still saved in plugin folder, but the setttings will now be saved as file named: xboxcontroller_PROFILENAME.xml. the plugin will still load your old/existing xboxcontroller.xml file, just hit save after loading first time to have it save w/ the profile name.

This change came about because I was using the same computer and UCCNC installation for testing both a mill and a lathe, and I wanted different xbox control settings for the two profiles... :) There are no functionality changes otherwise, so no need to update if you aren't using multiple profiles.

As always, bug reports, suggestions, and comments welcome if you have any.

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby silverdog » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:28 pm

A problem here :-)
I just installed the newest version 2.060 but it does not see the controller.
Carefully followed the instructions, in the config page, on the bottom left I got the message: "Controller Not Connected Loop OK, cycling@ 24Hz
Obviously the controller is connected and if I switch to the old plug-in version v1.xxx everything is ok and controller works.
Windows was restarted several times, plug-in check box were both selected (enable and load on start) even different version of UCCNC were tested with the same result.
Any idea?
silverdog

Postby eabrust » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:12 am

Hi Silverdog,

What version of xbox plugin were you using prior which worked, and which version of UCCNC are you using then/now?

At one point, the plugin was compiled from '.net 2.0' to '.net 4.0' to work with the updates UCCNC put in. Did you install the slimdx runtime that is packaged with the latest plugin version? Maybe you have both slimdx 2.0 and 4.0 versions installed. Can you check in your list of installed programs, and if you have the old slimdx, dump it. you may also need to install the slimdx sdk kit, as that seems to install some missing directx files.

Also, please reference here: http://www.craftycnc.com/xbox-plugin-troubleshooting/. Make sure you let the plugin load w/ UCCNC, and you don't 'show' it after the fact.

hope that resolves your issue. let me know if not
regards
Eric
eabrust

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins