XBox 360 plugin update

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: XBox 360 plugin update

Postby anjexosdefrgos » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:35 pm

Wonder if something has held onto your xbox controller since you installed the plugin. Have you done any reboot/restart since you installed it all? Any other app you use that may have it in use?
anjexosdefrgos

Postby Greolt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:24 am

Sorry if this has been discussed but after scrolling through a couple of long posts I could not find it.

It has been suggested that you can set an onscreen button which will call up the configuration window for the Xbox controller.

I can't seem to work out how to do it. Have done plenty of screen edits in the past so I think I grasp the basics.

Setting a button and assigning it number 1234 does not seem to do it for me.

Thanks in advance.
Greolt

Postby eabrust » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:18 am

Hi Greolt,

If you're talking about setting a button code using this config window for the plugin:
startxbox.PNG

That is only for initially opening the plugin should you not have the plugin set to show on startup w/ UCCNC. I can look into making the button press code also bring the window out of minimize/hide mode, but it currently doesn't do what I think you're trying to do.

Currently, Once the plugin is running/open, then if you minimize it it hides in the system tray as an icon. It's the system tray icon that you use to bring the window back for now.

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Greolt » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:11 am

Thanks Eric

Now I understand its purpose.

The way it works is fine.
Greolt

Postby AndyUK » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:11 pm

Hi Eric,

Love the plugin, couldn't stand using my CNC without it :)

I noted you added a couple of your other plugins to your GitHub page, are there any plans to put this one up too? Would be really interested in forking the repo for my own customisation!!

Thanks,
Andy
AndyUK

Postby eabrust » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:42 am

AndyUK wrote:Hi Eric,

Love the plugin, couldn't stand using my CNC without it :)

I noted you added a couple of your other plugins to your GitHub page, are there any plans to put this one up too? Would be really interested in forking the repo for my own customisation!!

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks, glad you enjoy using it. I haven't looked at the plugin in a while, but I can probably clean it up and put it on Github as well. It's one of the first plugins I worked on while learning, initially wrote it in C#, then converted to VB where I'm more comfortable, so its a bit of a mess :D

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby eabrust » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:17 am

Hi Andy,

The XBox plugin should show up on Git now, feel free to use it and modify it as you wish.

https://github.com/CraftyCNC/XBOX-Controller---2.060

regards,
Eric
eabrust

Postby Damiano87 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:35 am

Good morning,
I installed the crafty cnc plugin for xbox360, but when I move the joystick forwards or backwards to the maximum the feedrate is at 50%. Furthermore, if I go diagonally with the joystick in x and y the feedrate drops to 25/30%... how to set it to 100% even diagonally?
Thank you
Damiano87

Postby eabrust » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:43 am

Hi there,

You probably have the trigger assignment set to 'Triggers as Velocity Increaser'. The sticks will only give you 50%, and then you use the trigger to get you up to 100%, that way the sticks are more sensitive to go slow, and you can go faster easily with more 'throttle' from the trigger switch.

Going diagonal, each axis won't go to its full 100%, it mixes the velocity so the max actual speed moving at an angle is equal to 100%. You likely just need to squeeze the trigger to go faster diagonally too.

regards
Eric
eabrust

Postby eabrust » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:52 am

I had a request to see if the xbox controller plugin could be used to trigger taking a manual 'probe' point in the ProbeIt plugin. In ProbeIt (and also UCamCopy), pressing the F10 key takes a manual data point to record to a DXF.

The attached macro file does nothing but send an 'F10' command to the active in focus program, and can be called from the XBox control plugin by entering the macro number in a button press call box (in place of a normal UCCNC button code). Simply drop the M20011.txt in your macro folder (and rename the numbering if you have a conflict), then just enter the macro number code (without M and .txt at end) into the xbox config for a button.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 163620.png
Screenshot 2023-09-22 163620.png (11.77 KiB) Viewed 2059 times

m20011.txt
(392 Bytes) Downloaded 96 times

If any of you use ProbeIt (or UCCamCopy) and the xbox controller, maybe this will be of use. Note that the main window of ProbeIt must be the active in focus window for it to respond.

Or, you can use this as a template to modify for sending other various key commands from the xbox controller button presses.

regards
Eric
eabrust

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins