Autoleveler Plugin.

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: Autoleveler Plugin.

Postby DoolinGuitars » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:04 am

Hello All,

I’m new to the forum and to CNC. I’m trying to get a 3d Probe to scan a part and create a point cloud file. I’m running UCcnc 1.2113 with AutolevelerCA 1.0049.

I created my dummy tool path file in VCarve. I run UCcnc, set AutolevelerCA to Create, load the tool path file, send to UCcnc, and run the cycle. It scans the part, and just stops at the end. No point cloud file is created.

UCcnc didn’t come with a M331.txt macro so I made one from the screen shot at 20:26 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJhWasl8QYw. That really looked like it would create the file, but it doesn’t. Here’s the contents of the file:

/////////////////////
//M331 probing macro

double Zmin = (double)Evar;
double Frate = (double)Qvar;

exec.Code("G31 Z" + Zmin + " F" + Frate); // Move to the probe sensor down
while(exec.IsMoving()){}
exec.Wait(100);

exec.ivars[999] = exec.GetZpos(); //store touch Zpos to #999

//Write one string to a text file
string text = "" +AS3.Getfield(226) + ";" + AS3.Getfield(227) + ";" + AS3.Getfield(228);
System.IO.File.AppendAllText(@"C:\UCCNC\Objectprobe.txt", text+ Environment.NewLine);
/////////////////////

I’ve installed the three files in the locations that Cahit specified. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks -

Mike (DoolinGuitars)
DoolinGuitars

Postby DoolinGuitars » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:04 pm

Also, in UCCNC Help, it does not list M331 in the supported M-Codes. This is the version of UCCNC that came licensed for my CNC4newbie machine.
DoolinGuitars

Postby cncdrive » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:48 pm

There is no built in M331 macro in the UCCNC software, it is a custom macro written by somebody, maybe by the author of the autoleveler plugin or another user.
You will have to figure that out yourself unfortunately or maybe other forum members can help you.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Delco » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:18 pm

I would get probelt as its designed to do what you want.

https://www.craftycnc.com/probeit-for-uccnc/

and the author is active on here
Delco

Postby DoolinGuitars » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:30 pm

I do have ProbeIt and the CraftyCNC probe. But that's a very manual process of setting up each scan line. AutolevelerCA creates a grid of as many scan points as you want and runs the scan automatically. And it is working for me, with the exception of writing the results to a file. It was written by Cahit, who is also active on this forum and in fact started this thread. I've tried downloading his M331 and also tried the one StepCraft uses, but neither work. I was hoping Cahit himself would chime in here, or at least someone who had success using his plugin and macro.
DoolinGuitars

Postby DoolinGuitars » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:00 am

Thank you cncdrive, I understand. It appears that Cahit wrote both AutolevelerCA and M331, with the former calling the latter to write data to a file. Can you tell me if that would be allowed by UCCNC? That is, can a plugin call a macro that's not on the supported list?
DoolinGuitars

Postby cncdrive » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:09 pm

Yes, a plugin can call any macros.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby DoolinGuitars » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Thanks Delco and cncdrive. Turns out this was a false alarm. ProbeIt does indeed do exactly what I'm trying to do. I had downloaded the wrong version of the manual, which didn't include the grid scanning feature. In my own defense, I had searched YouTube for 3d probing, 3d scanning and such several times, and while I did see the initial ProbeIt videos, the one about Surface Probing/Bed of Nails never appeared. So that's why I didn't think ProbeIt had that feature.

Anyway, problem solved, thanks to Eric Brust!
DoolinGuitars

Postby Daniell » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:47 am

Hello All,

Can anybody help me a little bit? I want to create a button to open AutoLeveler, so I looking for the buttonnumber, but I don't know if it exists. Thanks for any help.
Daniell

Postby cahit » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:53 pm

hi,

i want to try to add import gerber option to autoleveler. That's why I need help to get as many examples as possible to compare files. please help me send several so that I can study them. of course different generators.

thanks in advance.

cahit ates
c.ates@hotmail.com
cahit

Previous

Return to Plugins