laserengrave setup

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

laserengrave setup

Postby doncraig » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi All,
I have had a look through the forum about the options when using laserengrave plugin.
I have purchased (second hand) a Stepcraft 420 V1 and it came with a Dremel for cutting.milling and an OPT LASERS SLH-2000 laser unit. I have used V-Carve desktop to produce GCode for the UCCNC controller and all has been well so far. With this lockdown still in place I have been getting a bit restless lately and remembered the laser unit had not been tried on the Stepcraft so I dug it out and it seems ok. I have enabled laserengrave in UCCNC and am presented with the screen to load a jpg. I load a jpg and it says something like 50 units by 54 units. I go to CAM and click on Cycle Start and the gantry moves.
What I would like to know is how I focus the laser beam etc. Is there any booklets/manuals about setting a laser in UCCNC ??
Any help would be appreciated.
take care
Don W
doncraig

Re: laserengrave setup

Postby doncraig » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 pm

I have had a look at the setup and it seems ok but I don't have a beam from the laser. Can anyone help ??
Don W
doncraig

Return to Plugins