WHB04B-4 Pendant Plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: WHB04B-4 Pendant Plugin

Postby shad » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Please click on the pendand plugin icon in the lower right corner of the Windows.
Plugin window will be open for configuration.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby drumsticksplinter » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:58 am

Hi guys,

I have the older HB04 wireless pendant using the plugin for that device. I’m having some difficulties which I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced with a third party pendant? I’m using an AXBB-E motion controller and when using this the pendant controls aren’t all working and it locks up or crashes when switching between modes. However, if I switch to a demo profile of another cnc drive controller (I don’t have any other hardware available to test) my pendant works absolutely perfectly, all functions and accurately! I’m wondering if it’s a bug with the AXBB-E profile? CNCdrive aren’t forth coming with any solution as of yet despite this being offered as a function of their software at the time of purchase. I don’t want to buy another pendant at this point because I may run into the same issue if it’s actually a bug in the AXBB-E profile and it’s MPG functions.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
drumsticksplinter

Postby Delco » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:58 am

shad wrote:Please click on the pendand plugin icon in the lower right corner of the Windows.
Plugin window will be open for configuration.

Thanks never thought to look in the windows taskbar area , all working great :)
Delco

Postby drumsticksplinter » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:47 am

I've just installed the latest version of UCCNC (1.2111) and my HB04 now works with the plugin included with the software, even using the AXBB-E demo, which previously it didn't under version 1.1xx.

I'm yet to try it live with my hardware attached, so hopefully it will be ok. I've waited a while for this to be possible and hadn't tried the latest software version as I hadn't had an update from cncdrive saying it had been sorted. Thanks for this fix :D
drumsticksplinter

Postby RRocadas » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi all
In Diy cnc i have just installed this plugin and work perfect with my WHB04B-4.
The only thing i have to understand is how to djust manual jog because when starts if i chose for example x axys it moves only 0.01 unit per move then i have to click on continuos and step several times until jog correctly but that's perfect!
Very thank you for this plugin.
RRocadas

Postby Tobe91 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:15 pm

I just tested the WHB04B plugin, and it works well.
I just wondered if it would be possible, to set the MPG speed multiplier according to the percentage on the speed selector wheel?

So I mean: We have the speed/step selector on the right side of the pendant with 0,001 (2%), 0,01 (5%), 0,1(10%), 1,0(30%), 60%, 100% modes.
I think it would be cool, to attach the percentages to the maximum pre-selected speed multiplier or?
E.g.: I would set the speed multiplier to 100
When I select the 2% mode then the speed multiplier would be speed multiplier 2, when I select 30% it would be 30.

Another possibility would be, that we can define specific speed multipliers for the different modes of the selector wheel, e.g.
percentage -> speed multiplier
2% mode -> 5
5% mode -> 10
10% mode -> 25
30% mode -> 50
60% mode -> 100
100& mode -> 200

With this it would be possible to do fast movements for long distances with a high value and then fine accurate movements when selecting a small value.
Would this be possible? I think this would be a nice feature.
Tobe91

Postby picposter » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:18 pm

pmorton wrote:I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if I am repeating others' questions.
I downloaded and put the .dll into the UCCNC folder but the software doesn't seem to be picking it.
I keep getting the "Receiver Not Connected" message
any help would be helpful.
I am using UCCNC 1.2049 (so it's not the latest) with UC300eth board. I was using the UCR201 but that won't connect either
it is quite possible I am doing something stupid as I am still somewhat new to the CNC world.
thanks
Paul

You have to put the .dll File in "uccnc/Plugins". In the Plugins Filder there are also the Webcam Plugin and all the Others. Then start UCCNC and go to Plugins and enable WHB04B-4 Pendant and restart UCCNC. Now Switch on the Pendant and cunfigure the plugin.
The plugin in the very First Post worked Well.

Good Luck
picposter

Postby picposter » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:06 pm

At first: this plugin is AWESOME!
Thank you so much for the effort you put in that.

I found some misbehaviour in my setup:
I have 6 axis WHB04B and 6 axis driver from here. Using newest UCCNC with a AXBB-E.

When i am in "MPG cont" Mode and the feedrate rotary Switch is set to any value of 2%, 5%, 10% or 30% any axis will not run smoothly. It also doesnt recognize all "steps" from the handwheel.

If i change the feedrate switch to a value of 60%, 100% or Lead the axis run like a charm but very fast because the step distance is set to 1.
In 60/100/Lead position i can change the step distance without problem, also with a Macro button. But when in 2/5/10/30 position the value jumps back directly when i change the value. Like its constantly sending the corresponding "step dist." for that feedrate position.
Maybe this constantly sending brings the "smoothness" down.

greetings
Cedric
picposter

Postby Tobe91 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:39 am

I just found out, that the plugin isn't saving my entered Speed Multiplier values.
So when I restart UCCNC, the settings are gone.
Is there any solution, or does anybody have the same behavior?
It also looks like, if I'm entering a different value for speed mutliplier, the plugin doesn't recognize it.
Is there some solution?
Tobe91

Postby shad » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:34 pm

Hello!
I know this issue with speed multiplier.
On the next week the pendand will be in my hands and I hope can solve this isssues.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins