WHB04B-4 Pendant Plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: WHB04B-4 Pendant Plugin

Postby vitber » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:49 am

Hi Andrew,
Is it possible to invert the function of the buttons?
So that macro key with Fn key execute macro.
And if you press without the FN key, what is written on the key will be executed?
E.g. "Feed+" without FN key and "Macro1" together with Fn key?
vitber

Postby shad » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:47 pm

Hello!
Currently I have not a pendant in my hand, but Please try this one for checking and back with result.
Attachments
WHB04BPendant.rar
(182.36 KiB) Downloaded 858 times
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby vitber » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:06 am

Hi Andrew,
Many Thanks. You are the best!
So is much more practical.

A few years ago I also programmed a plugin for myself. Only I couldn't display the DRO in pendant.
In my version, I made it so that each key was freely programmable.
For example, I was able to connect the reset button to FN and FN + Reset triggered a reference run.
I also used a macro key to set DRO to zero in connection with the axis selector and set the respective axis to zero.
If the axis selector is set to off, the MPG wheel was used for feed control .
Just as an idea

WHB04B.JPG
My Plugin
vitber

Postby shad » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:10 pm

vitber wrote:Hi Andrew,
A few years ago I also programmed a plugin for myself. Only I couldn't display the DRO in pendant.
For example, I was able to connect the reset button to FN and FN + Reset triggered a reference run.
I also used a macro key to set DRO to zero in connection with the axis selector and set the respective axis to zero.
Just as an idea

WHB04B.JPG

Check private messages.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby vitber » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:51 pm

thank you
vitber

Postby dhanger » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello Andrew--

Thanks for your time in creating this plugin. I have a question for you: are you able to access the display output on the pendant? I ask because there are three separate 'continuous' modes and all three simply show 'con' in the upper right status and there's no way to tell at a glance which mode it's in (there's one for pressing the lower left continuous button to return control to UCCNC jog functions, one for normal pendant jogging and one for mpg multiplier). The only time it changes is when cycling through the 'step' button on the lower right until it says 'step'. It would be nice if there's a different status output for each one, for example 'con1' 'con2' and 'con3' to distinguish between them (just examples, maybe there's something better).

Thanks,
Dan
dhanger

Postby nick_p » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Hi Andrew, thanks for the plugin. I just downloaded your latest version from Aug 9, and I can't get it to work (same for the prior versions). When I go to the Win10 system tray at the bottom of the screen and click on the pendant, it says "MPG is not connected" in the pop up window. When I press the button "find WHBO4-4B" nothing happens. I'm confident the pendant is talking to the USB antenna, because as soon as I unplug the USB antenna from the computer, the pendant screen changes to "Lost RF". Any idea what is going on with my system? I'm on UCCNC 1.2112. I have the 4 axis screenset from the FB group. Otherwise I have a stock installation of UCCNC.

Also for fun I bought an X-box controller the same day I bought this pendant. That controller works ok and I can jog the axes.

I have one week left for the Amazon return eligibility. If I can't figure out this pendant by then, I will send it back for a refund.

Thanks greatly!
nick_p

Postby shad » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:14 am

dhanger wrote:Hello Andrew--

Thanks for your time in creating this plugin. I have a question for you: are you able to access the display output on the pendant? I ask because there are three separate 'continuous' modes and all three simply show 'con' in the upper right status and there's no way to tell at a glance which mode it's in (there's one for pressing the lower left continuous button to return control to UCCNC jog functions, one for normal pendant jogging and one for mpg multiplier). The only time it changes is when cycling through the 'step' button on the lower right until it says 'step'. It would be nice if there's a different status output for each one, for example 'con1' 'con2' and 'con3' to distinguish between them (just examples, maybe there's something better).

Thanks,
Dan

Hello!
The pendant interface does not allow displaying arbitrary information on the display screen.
These are fixed messages that the pendant firmware chip itself generates when receiving status bytes from the plug-in.
I will try to check, may be it allow to show all three modes later, when the pendant will be in my hands.

nick_p wrote:Hi Andrew, thanks for the plugin. I just downloaded your latest version from Aug 9, and I can't get it to work (same for the prior versions). When I go to the Win10 system tray at the bottom of the screen and click on the pendant, it says "MPG is not connected" in the pop up window. When I press the button "find WHBO4-4B" nothing happens. I'm confident the pendant is talking to the USB antenna, because as soon as I unplug the USB antenna from the computer, the pendant screen changes to "Lost RF". Any idea what is going on with my system? I'm on UCCNC 1.2112. I have the 4 axis screenset from the FB group. Otherwise I have a stock installation of UCCNC.

Also for fun I bought an X-box controller the same day I bought this pendant. That controller works ok and I can jog the axes.

I have one week left for the Amazon return eligibility. If I can't figure out this pendant by then, I will send it back for a refund.

Thanks greatly!

Looks like pendant plugin does not recognize your usb antenna stick.
Try to find a UsbTreeView.exe utility in the Internet and find your RF stick in the in the list of connected devices.
Some info about this was in the previous posts.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby Mr.Hotwire » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:53 pm

vitber wrote:Hi Andrew,
Many Thanks. You are the best!
So is much more practical.

Just as an idea

WHB04B.JPG

This would be amazing. I have NOT figured out how to assign macro's or functions to the 2nd function of my Pendant. Its the 6 axis, but that doesn't change much.
Mr.Hotwire

Postby nick_p » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:48 pm

Update on my issue, I installed the demo version of UCCNC on another computer and the pendant works on this.

One difference I found is when I used the usbview program from page 2 of this thread, it showed nothing for the Pendant on the PC connected to my cnc. It didn't register that anything was plugged in at all (for the pendant, it did pick up the mouse and other USB items). On the other computer that I installed the UCCNC demo on, usbview does show the pendant as being plugged in.

Anyway, I guess the pendant plugin is ok, and its something on my CNC PC.

Thanks for making the plugin.
Best,
Nick
nick_p

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins