ProbeIt for UCCNC

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: ProbeIt for UCCNC

Postby Demusman » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Is this plugin included when purchasing a probe from you?
Demusman

Postby Delco » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:30 am

Took me a long time to find the travel distance settings , was hidden behind the probe screen , eventually I worked out you could drag it to resize it .
Would be helpful to have a imperial and metric option , couldnt get it to work initially as travel was at 1.5 and every setting is set for imperial - once set for metric it all worked well.
Delco

Postby eabrust » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 am

Hi Delco,

Would you mind taking a screenshot of how the window opened and showing which settings panel was hidden, please? I thought it was always going to open large enough that nothing was hidden.

Regarding metric vs imperial, are you just thinking a metric option would load defaults appropriate for metric? Although right now it loads 'imperial' defaults, that's only because the xml file shipped with it is saved that way. As soon as a user sets all values to their preference and hits save, that's what sticks until you change it or delete the settings xml file.

Or do you work with a case where you load either a metric or imperial profile in UCCNC, and you want to flip all values between metric and imperial?

thanks for your input!

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Delco » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:42 pm

Having a option for metric on first install would be good, I went through and changed most of the values to suit manually but I am still finding things I need to multiply by 25.4 to get within the ballpark :)

Here is how my install loaded attachment below , same on both my machines
Attachments
probeLT.png
Delco

Postby Delco » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:46 pm

Actually it loaded as below but then I switched to the basic 2d probing screen
Attachments
probeLT1.png
Delco

Postby eabrust » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:27 am

Delco,

Thanks for posting the screenshot, it is not loading properly for you for some reason. The controls in the 'right column' should be aligned with the abort button on the right side.

Here is a short video of how it should load, and this is how it loads for me, every time on both Windows 10 and windows 7. I also tried playing with screen resolution and screen scaling, and wasn't able to duplicate it looking like that.

Can you tell me anything about your screen resolution, what version of windows, etc you are using ?

I've also noted that sometimes when I compile the plugin, it will look weird for me (sort of like what you show, but not exactly the same), but if I just recompile it, it will then look fine. Not sure if Vis. Studio glitch or what, but apparently I can't use the fact it loads fine for me to verify it will load fine for everyone else yet..., so thanks again for your help pointing it out.

regards,
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby thegreatwaldo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:04 am

Hi Eric
The same screen as Delco opened on my system when I had the text scaling set to 150 in windows 7 screen resolution. When I set the screen resolution to 100% it opened correctly, so it looks like windows scaling could be the problem.
Cheers
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby Delco » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:45 am

eabrust wrote:Delco,

Thanks for posting the screenshot, it is not loading properly for you for some reason. The controls in the 'right column' should be aligned with the abort button on the right side.

Here is a short video of how it should load, and this is how it loads for me, every time on both Windows 10 and windows 7. I also tried playing with screen resolution and screen scaling, and wasn't able to duplicate it looking like that.

Can you tell me anything about your screen resolution, what version of windows, etc you are using ?

I've also noted that sometimes when I compile the plugin, it will look weird for me (sort of like what you show, but not exactly the same), but if I just recompile it, it will then look fine. Not sure if Vis. Studio glitch or what, but apparently I can't use the fact it loads fine for me to verify it will load fine for everyone else yet..., so thanks again for your help pointing it out.

regards,
Eric

I have two machines , one windows 10 which the sreenshot is from 1824x1026 , the other is windows 7 1366x768 . The UCCNC folder on the win10 machine is a clone of the one I use on the win7 machine . Both installed the same way for me.

I do have txt scaling set higher on both machines though
Delco

Postby ger21 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:18 am

I do have txt scaling set higher on both machines though

How high?

Text scaling can wreak havoc with programs, especially ones with buttons and textboxes spread around the screen.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby eabrust » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:34 pm

Thanks guys for confirming my suspicion that scaling is likely culprit... I don't know what can be done to fix it, but I'll do a little googling research to see what I can find about scaling messing up .Net winforms, and see if it can be addressed.

regards,
Eric
eabrust

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins