Recently Loaded Files.

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: Recently Loaded Files.

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi Dan for teh record I did not switch profiles in session. I closed in teh same one I opened with each time.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 pm

I could not reproduce any problems with 2047 and 2104.

Taking another look this morning with a clearer head, the only other possible scenario that's happening is your loading Gcode files with plugin window open. This will work with loading a file into UCCNC with window open but continually loading files it's only going to save last file until window is closed and stored in proper position.

I will take a better look at this flaw and fix. Like I stated in first post this is a simple plugin, what makes any plugin tough when you share is trying to preempt different scenario's user's may do.

Thanks for your help,
Dan
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 pm

OK last observation (;-).

IF I open teh default profile it all works perfect. It writes TO teh pro file and reads FROM teh pro file.

IF I open it in another profile it WRITEs to teh pro file fine but when it has to READ teh pro file on startup it is NOT able to find teh pro file and that would throw an exception BUT if teh exception is not handled I would never know that it could not find teh profile as there would NOT be any error messages. The list would just come up EMPTY like it does.

You may want to write in an error handler to track teh problem.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Saving/Writing to profile as mentioned before is definitely flaw using the shutdown event. Writing to profile at time of Gcode file loaded is a better way and will ensure that it's writing to profile that loaded it....Thanks!

The quote below is what I'm having trouble grasping or reproducing, don't know why the startup event would have trouble finding profile or what I can do about it. Please elaborate so I know what to look at, If the plugin try's to read a value in profile that don't exist it should add it.

Vmax549 wrote:but when it has to READ teh pro file on startup it is NOT able to find teh pro file and that would throw an exception

Thanks for your help,
Dan
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:57 pm

HI Dan, Having not ever seeing teh source code I am just guessing based on what I see happen..

Everything works perfect with teh default profile so I know teh process works. I also KNOW that it writes teh info to teh Pro file correctly as I look at teh pro file to verify the info is there.

So I have to ASSUME that it cannot find the PRO file on startup as teh File does exist AND teh info it needs IS in teh file. The ODD part is it CAN find teh default Pro file when you startup in teh default profile. So I then have to assume that it does NOT know where to look for teh PRO file on anything other than teh default PRO file.

But then you know how assuming works :D

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby dezsoe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi Dan,

I tried this plugin and it works with any profile. I had problems with the length of the filename field:

rcnt.png
rcnt.png (8.4 KiB) Viewed 307 times
dezsoe

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:19 pm

OK teh problem is something to do with teh PRO file I am running.

I can take teh default PRO file and rename it to this one and it works.

In this profile I do a LOT of reading and writing to teh PRO file so there is probably something interfering with something somewhere.

I read and write over 100 lines back and forth in teh program and with teh M99998 and M99999.

Not a real problem as I already have a last files routine that I run here.

I was just testing Dan's routine.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 am

dezsoe wrote:Hi Dan,

I tried this plugin and it works with any profile. I had problems with the length of the filename field:

Thanks Dezsoe, this did have me chasing my tail a bit. If any1 request I will certainly compile with a wider window or a smaller font.

Thanks for the testing Terry, if it's anything I can do to help with your conflict let me know.

Dan
Dan911

Postby dezsoe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:10 am

Hi Dan, No problem, I won't use this plugin, just remarked. (The plugin works fine, but I only need the last opened file and my QuickView plugin which I use for opening files remembers that.)
dezsoe

Postby Battwell » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 am

Only just seen this thread.
I was the one that requested the feature- so it will definitely be going on my machine :-)
Uc300eth on router and mill
If they say it can't be done- I find a way!
Battwell

Previous

Return to Plugins