Spindle/ Feedrate Overrides

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Spindle/ Feedrate Overrides

Postby ger21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:13 am

When clickng the override reset buttons (557, 558), can you have them reset the sliders, if there are sliders associated with the fields? Right now the field is reset, but the slider stays where it is.

Also, can we get some new fields that show the overridden values? Right now, if my spindle speed is 15,000, and I set the override to 75%, there's nothing that tells me that the speed is now 11,250. Since most router users don't have any spindle feedback, this would be helpful.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: Spindle/ Feedrate Overrides

Postby cncdrive » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:41 pm

When clickng the override reset buttons (557, 558), can you have them reset the sliders, if there are sliders associated with the fields? Right now the field is reset, but the slider stays where it is.

OK, I can do that.

Also, can we get some new fields that show the overridden values? Right now, if my spindle speed is 15,000, and I set the override to 75%, there's nothing that tells me that the speed is now 11,250. Since most router users don't have any spindle feedback, this would be helpful.

What do you exactly want?
I mean you've mentioned "some fields", but the spindle speed is only a single field and what I can think of is to make a new field which shows the Programmed spindle speed * SRO.
What else fields are needed? I think I'm missing to see something...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:00 pm

and what I can think of is to make a new field which shows the Programmed spindle speed * SRO

Yes, this is what I want. So that when the override is applied, it will display the commanded speed. When I move the slider, it will display the speed. As it is now, the user has to calculate what the speed is. If I program S20000, amd want to move the slider to get 16500, the new field will display this value (20000*82.5%).
Gerry
ger21

Postby A_Camera » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:19 pm

ger21 wrote:
and what I can think of is to make a new field which shows the Programmed spindle speed * SRO

Yes, this is what I want. So that when the override is applied, it will display the commanded speed. When I move the slider, it will display the speed. As it is now, the user has to calculate what the speed is. If I program S20000, amd want to move the slider to get 16500, the new field will display this value (20000*82.5%).

Isn't that supposed to be the SACT field? OK, if there is feedback from the spindle it could be used for the actual RPM, but as it is now, I am using that for this purpose.

Skärmklipp.JPG

OK, it can't handle floating point value, so the % is integer, but it is updated if the spindle speed override is changed from 100%. Perhaps it only works this way because of my macro, I don't know how it behaves by default.
A_Camera

Postby ger21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Isn't that supposed to be the SACT field?

Unless I'm mistaken, SACT only works if you have feedback.
I want something that works without feedback. I guess I could use a macropump to do it, but it seems simple to add. Mach3 has these DRO's.

The same with the feedrate. F Actual gives you a blended velocity, but I'd like to see the commanded feedrate * FRO.
Gerry
ger21

Postby A_Camera » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:21 pm

OK, I update it via the macro which sends the spindle speed to the VFD via Modbus, but if you don't want to use macro and don't have feedback, how would you update the field? You could do it via the slider macro, which I guess has it's own macro. Though the SACT field mut be given a new number otherwise it will be overwritten. For the feed rate, I don't have any macro for FACT and that field is updated when I push the + or - buttons. Perhaps I don't understand what you want to do, but it works for me.
A_Camera

Postby ger21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:55 pm

No, I don't think you understand.

Though the SACT field must be given a new number otherwise it will be overwritten

I requested a new field, not to modify the existing behavior.

I want to see what the commanded feedrate and spindle speed are when the override is applied. In addition to the override %.
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:20 pm

I can add these, no problem. :)

Josef, I think why Gerry wants a new field especially for the Sact, because what you've adviced would work fine in your setup since you have no Sact measurement,
but for those who have a sensor attached would still want to see the real measured value and in the same time they may want to see the Overrided value.
So, I also prefer to make a new field for this and then those who wants this on the screen could add the field...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby A_Camera » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:06 am

cncdrive wrote:I can add these, no problem. :)

Josef, I think why Gerry wants a new field especially for the Sact, because what you've adviced would work fine in your setup since you have no Sact measurement,
but for those who have a sensor attached would still want to see the real measured value and in the same time they may want to see the Overrided value.
So, I also prefer to make a new field for this and then those who wants this on the screen could add the field...

That's grate. I can also use that field, so it is a welcome addition even for me.
A_Camera

Return to Feature Request