Wake on LAN package from AXBB-E

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Wake on LAN package from AXBB-E

Postby CFSAB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:35 am

Hi

I will use AXBB-E and UCCNC for some machines. Due to the environment, the PCs are placed inside cabinets, so I don´t want to use the computer's power on button if it´s switched off.

Would it be possible for the AXBB-E to send a WoL package to the computer when it gets power? So if the computer is off, it automatically starts up.

Best Regards
Mikael Jonsson
CFSAB

Re: Wake on LAN package from AXBB-E

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:56 pm

I don't really understand your request.
If the computer is off and you switching the power on to the AXBB-E and to the computer then you could put the UCCNC in autostart, so Windows will automatically load it.
Maybe I'm missunderstanding what you want to do and in this case please explain it in details.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:58 pm

Power up the PC when you power up the AXBB. There's usually a bios setting for it to start when it gets power.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby thegreatwaldo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:44 pm

cncdrive wrote:I don't really understand your request.
If the computer is off and you switching the power on to the AXBB-E and to the computer then you could put the UCCNC in autostart, so Windows will automatically load it.
Maybe I'm missunderstanding what you want to do and in this case please explain it in details.

I think he want's to know if starting the Axxb-e will enable the network to start the windows computer. I think wake on lan will only start a computer that is in sleep mode and not turned off. Maybe someone else can chip in on this?
Cheers
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby spillage » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:46 am

thegreatwaldo wrote:... I think wake on lan will only start a computer that is in sleep mode and not turned off. Maybe someone else can chip in on this?…

That’s how I would understand it also.

I have my computer bios set to boot after power failure… so when I switch power ‘on’ everything comes to life.
Bryan
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication“ Leonardo Da Vinci
spillage

Postby CFSAB » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:19 pm

thegreatwaldo wrote:I think he want's to know if starting the Axxb-e will enable the network to start the windows computer. I think wake on lan will only start a computer that is in sleep mode and not turned off. Maybe someone else can chip in on this?
Cheers
Andrew

Yes, that´s what I would like. I have found that it could work after a shutdown and not only in sleep mode.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-wake-on-lan-problem-after/89ea895f-592f-4a29-be05-ac5f3badcd3c

I will test the auto-resume after power loss settings in BIOS. If I kill the PC power from the CNC´s power switch, it could work.
Also, I am not sure if this only works after a power loss when the computer are running or if it works after a shutdown and then a power loss; I give it a try!

Mikael
CFSAB

Postby dezsoe » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:12 pm

It works fine after you shut down the PC. We use this BIOS feature very often.
dezsoe

Postby CFSAB » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:26 am

Tnx, it seems to work! :)
CFSAB

Return to Feature Request