Reduction of spindlespeed in corners HSM

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Reduction of spindlespeed in corners HSM

Postby BKG » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:55 pm

Is there a possible for implementing constant cutting load
Reduction of spindle speed in corners when it is impossible to maintain the programed feedrate
BKG

Re: Reduction of spindlespeed in corners HSM

Postby cncdrive » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:41 am

I don't think that what you asking for could work efficiently in real life applications.
The problem I see is that corners are usually short paths which executes fast so the spindle would not even have time to deccelerate.
Another possible problem is that if a corner is long and the spindle had time to deccelerate then when the corner ends and the feedrate goes up it is not sure that the spindle would have time to accelerate up fast enough to keep the constant chipload which could result in broken tool.
And in real life a spindle usually has inertia and so limits of acceleration/decceleration, so the only way to properly accelerate/deccelerate the spindle speed to don't have the above mentioned problems is to stop before the problematic corner and also after it.
This would probably create more problems as if the spindle speed was unchanged.
And accelerating and deccelerating the spindle like this with a stop at the beginning and end of the corner can be implemented in g-code, you just have to insert the S spindle speed value before and after the corner in the g-code file.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Reduction of spindlespeed in corners HSM

Postby BKG » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:05 pm

Good point*s there Cnc....
It vas a Gibscam rep Who vas arguing about it that it vas neaded, but I agree with You

Thanks for the informative reply :)
BKG

Return to Feature Request