dynamic PWM

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

dynamic PWM

Postby cahit » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:52 pm

hI,

my slipdlespeed is not stabile. i wonder if you can add a checkbox that cheks actual speed of spindle if it is dropping pwm go UP or spindle speed is rising it goes down.
so constantly adgusting the actual speed. in stead of setting a fixed spindle PWM.

with other words set actual speed. adjust pwm automatic.

regards
Cahit
cahit

Re: dynamic PWM

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:06 am

For that you have to measure the spindle speed with an index sensor or with an incrmental encoder.
The UCCNC has a spindle PID controller, you can set that up to achive what you want, it measures the spindle speed and adjusts the spindle PWM and the analog output or the spindle step frequency if it is step/dir spindle.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:41 am

my slipdlespeed is not stabile.

Are you using a Huanyang VFD?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dhanger » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:18 pm

cncdrive wrote:For that you have to measure the spindle speed with an index sensor or with an incrmental encoder.
The UCCNC has a spindle PID controller, you can set that up to achive what you want, it measures the spindle speed and adjusts the spindle PWM and the analog output or the spindle step frequency if it is step/dir spindle.

Balazs, I was under the impression that the PID controller required an encoder and wouldn't work with an index alone. Has that changed recently? Just curious as it doesn't really affect me.

Dan
dhanger

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:09 pm

Dan, yes thats right, it can work with an incremental encoder only, not with index channel, sorry, my mistake.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Feature Request