Labels to top

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Labels to top

Postby valhallaCNC » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:13 pm

In the edit screen mode, when creating Labels they are not visible if you place them on buttons. Can they be made to have the option to be on top of button or other objects ? Right now To work around this I create PNG word pictures and use LED objects to place on Buttons. Thanks Joe
valhallaCNC

Re: Labels to top

Postby ger21 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:48 am

If you are already making LEDs, why not make button images with the text?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby valhallaCNC » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:15 pm

Making button images with text is the long way around. just to put a label on a button. When I make my screen, I can just change the button PNG for a whole different look without having to recreate every button. I can have a "master button" PNG that makes changes really simple, especially when you just trying to come up with a new look.
valhallaCNC

Postby DanStory » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:58 am

I have been meaning to create a feature request/bug report on this, as UCCNC does not follow typically UI layering/z-index ordering and is rather inefficient for UI design. It draws the UI controls in order of control type and not on order of layer index and time of creation.

I was trying to create a tool rack page and use a combination of buttons, labels and LEDS to create a combined state displaying the slot number, tool number and current tool and was pretty much impossible without creating every combination of states into images.
DanStory

Postby dezsoe » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:48 am

I use a transparent button and a showfieldnb on the same place to change the text "on" the button (the down state is not fully transparent to have some push effect):

down & up.png
down & up.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 4501 times

The same button on the main page:

main.png
main.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 4501 times

and on the tool table page:

tools.png
dezsoe

Postby valhallaCNC » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:11 pm

That's fine for that style of button. I have been using this style...
buttonmastertoggle1.png
buttonmastertoggle1.png (4.83 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
I just want to place text for button description on top , in both states. The way it is now I have to create the words in PNG, and layer them that way . I don't want them as part of the button PNG. Any change to the button design requires all the buttons to be edited. The way I do it now only requires that I change the button PNG and it changes them all at once. My original post was asking for the option of label objects to the top of button objects.
Thanks
valhallaCNC

Return to Feature Request