Separate override for Rapid moves

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Separate override for Rapid moves

Postby eMTea » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:12 am

Hi!

I have a machine that is capable of very high rapids (for its size of machine), and would very much love to have separate override for rapids and feed.

Based on a google search, others have also wanted this, but I dont know how many users who miss it.

Is it possible to implement such a feature? And a ticked box for those who still want to use it as combined?
eMTea

Re: Separate override for Rapid moves

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:51 am

Yes, we have this planned, so will be implemented, likely in the next next relase.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby eMTea » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:05 am

Oh shit! I already love you, where would this end :P

Thanks for your quick reply, and positive answer for my request :)
eMTea

Postby Norx » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:04 pm

cncdrive wrote:Yes, we have this planned, so will be implemented, likely in the next next relase.

Is this implemented, - or maybee a different case?
I belive I am in the same boat after changing to servo motors. G0 moves are faster than I want for several tasks. (example running some of the probe jobs that uses G0 or tool change) With the 3D probe in the spindle I had quite a few close calls with some wrong P or C numbers in the outer probe task. Things happen so fast that I am never able to press the red button.
Norx

Postby Norx » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:26 pm

cncdrive wrote:Yes, we have this planned, so will be implemented, likely in the next next relase.

Is this released? I am in a similar boat after changing to servos on my cnc mill.
Probing actions (g0 moves) are way to fast for my liking, and I don't belive I will ever react fast enough to reach the red button in time if some of mye numbers entered for outer probing etc. is to small/bigg. So I end up in changing axis velocity before probing and back then starting a cutting job.
Maybee there is a better way that I have not thought about?
Norx

Return to Feature Request