Stepcraft m6 macro problems with z axis

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Stepcraft m6 macro problems with z axis

Postby hmatyas » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 am

I have purchased a used Stepcraft 600 which had the tool rack on the opposite side of the CNC.
I have moved the tool rack to the correct location but I am having trouble.
So much trouble that I have removed the tool rack and I'm testing it without anything there.

When I ran M6t2 something happens to the z axis. When I first Home the Z axis, the machine location is Zero which is 6 inches above the table.

After I run the M6t2, the z axis machine zero is 3.75 inches above the table.
I thought that the machine location for zero does not change value. (z zero should always be 6 inch if Homed).
I do not know what to do, the z axis keeps going lower into the tool rest.
If necessary I would post the macro. I read somewhere that someone else had a similar problem but he solved it by reinstalling everything.
I think that I have done this, I moved all the macros to a subp-folder and copied the necessary macros from the cd. Unless there was an update of this macro
I do not know where or what to check for any updates.
Thank you,
hmatyas

Re: Stepcraft m6 macro problems with z axis

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:12 am

If M6T2 moves the Z axis 3.75 inches above the table then that is what is programmed in the M6 macro for the T2 tool change.
We do not have your M6 macro. The M6 macro written for the Stepcraft toolchanger was written by Stepcraft.
You may send us the macro and then my collegue "Dezsoe" on this forum can check that for you,
however we do not have a Stepcraft toolchanger, so we can't actually test it on a Stepcraft machine with toolchanger.

I think the best is if you contact Stepcraft support. Their US support is known to be good and I'm sure they can help you.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby hmatyas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 am

Hi

I did contact them. They gave me a new screen for the 3 d probe and that's why I had to change the location of the ATC.
The person that I brought it from had 22 macros. So I moved all 22 macros to a sub-directory and copied 4 macros from the CD.

There are two other macros that I did not include because they each only have a few lines of code.
M99998
//This is the Constructor macro which executes once when the application gets loaded
string tool = exec.Readkey("Toolchange","Toolnumber", "0");
exec.Estopin = false;
exec.Setcurrenttool(Convert.ToInt32(tool));
exec.Estopin = true;

M99999
//This is the destructor macro which executes once, one the application close event
string tool = AS3.Getfield(897);
exec.Writekey("Toolchange","Toolnumber", tool);

Thank you.

Harvey Matyas
Attachments
M31.txt
I did not run this one
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 783 times
M6.txt
This is the main Macro
(5.66 KiB) Downloaded 797 times
hmatyas

Postby hmatyas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:32 am

Here is my request to Stepcraft forum

https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/forum ... w-problems
hmatyas

Postby dezsoe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:47 am

Hi Harvey,

Please, post your profile file too. Thanks.
dezsoe

Postby hmatyas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Attached is my profile. Thanks for all of your help. I'm a little over my head on this.
I have not yet retried the 3d prober profile since I deleted the macros and replaced them with the
originals for the UNCNC CD.

Harvey
Attachments
SC2-600_3DProbe.pro
This is what Stepcraft sent me, this is why I moved ATC
(30.9 KiB) Downloaded 730 times
Stepcraft2_Model600.pro
Here is my profile that I used
(28.18 KiB) Downloaded 750 times
hmatyas

Postby hmatyas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:35 pm

After my last post, I went to my machine and ran the profile for the 3d probe after I moved out all the macros and installed the ones from the UCCNC CD.
It appeared to work so I reinstalled the tool holder.
It almost works. What happens is
with a M6T1 I get the prompt about the tool, it then took tool one and went to the correct last position.
M6T2, it goes to tool 1 location, however, it goes straight up and then lines up above tool 1, and drops tool 1.
It then goes to tool 2 and takes tool 2 and goes to the correct last position.
M6T3, does the same thing as the first command, it drops the tool from above the tool holder.

I will contact StepCraft to see if they have a solution.
Thanks for the tip about the profiles. The problem may still be in the profiles I don't know.

Harvey
hmatyas

Postby hmatyas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 pm

I do not know what I did, but I tried to add some additional macros, thinking that's why it was not working.
However, it had the reverse effect. I'm back to where I was 2 days ago.

Harvey
hmatyas

Return to Macros