M6 macro for manual tool change with fixed probe

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

M6 macro for manual tool change with fixed probe

Postby aethersis » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:03 am

This is my first post. I am super happy with how well UCCNC is running compared to Mach 3 that would literally cause the machine to stutter and slow down on curves drastically. Now I am trying to restore the functionality I had with my Mach 3 software using CNC Woodworker screenset.

I was trying to find this exact macro in the forum, but I guess I'm just really bad at this and couldn't find anything that would simply work for me.
What I need is a macro that would do the following
- Allow me to use a 3d probe to probe the workpiece
- Measure the length of the probe using a tool setter that has a fixed position
- When M6 is called, let me manually change the tool
- Once the tool is changed, it should get measured again with the tool setter, so the length offset can be calculated

I also wasn't able to simply find any macros to do basic probing of corners and height with a 3d probe. I was able to physically connected and test everything fairly quickly, since the documentation is good, but I struggle to find the macros to cover this basic functionality. I was previously using a CNC Woodworker screenset for Mach3 and wanted to get the same for UCCNC, but his website seems to be down and I don't know if it will ever be back :(
aethersis

Re: M6 macro for manual tool change with fixed probe

Postby ger21 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:19 pm

The link in my signature should be working, I fixed it last week.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby aethersis » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:07 pm

That fixes it for me! I purchased the 2022 screenset and it works great. Thank you so much for the huge amount of effort you put into it. No tinkering, basic setup and things just work!
aethersis

Postby Carboncnc » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:13 am

ger21 wrote:The link in my signature should be working, I fixed it last week.

Is there a way to have the normal screenset instead of your screenset ? I like the original better, but I want the probing macros to be like you have them.
Carboncnc

Return to Macros