M31 - Semi Auto tool change

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

M31 - Semi Auto tool change

Postby reshleman » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:35 pm

Can someone please elaborate on what this macro does?

What I'm looking for:

Job ends with current tool
machine moves above tool setter and pauses so I can change tool. Or machine moves to a convenient tool change position, then moves above tool setter on command.
User clicks cycle start or a prompt
machine lowers and resets zero for the new tool and starts the new job

I'm hoping my ask has been done multiple times and I just need to tell macro where my fixed tool setter lives.

Thank you
reshleman

Re: M31 - Semi Auto tool change

Postby reshleman » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:05 pm

Any thoughts? from what I can tell it looks like this default macro is what I need. I'm just not sure where to input the fixed probe coordinates.
reshleman

Postby ger21 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:33 pm

The screenset I sell does this.
There's another step that you are missing. You need to zero the original tool to the work surface, and then store the distance from your tool setter relative to Z zero, so that you can set the new tool to the correct Z zero value.
I do this by using a fixed reference probe plate. I have one macro that auto zero's the tool to the workpiece, and then stores the position. on the screen, in a user field. I then use the M6 macro to move to a tool change position, and then zero the new tool.

I can give you the two macros I have, but they rely heavily on a lot of custom screenset fields.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby reshleman » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:46 pm

Gerry, that works out because I bought your screenset a couple weeks ago. Just haven't got around to installing. I'll definitely do that this weekend and report back with any questions I have. If you can elaborate on where I need to input my probe coordinates in your macro that would give me a good head start. Thanks again.
reshleman

Postby ger21 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:17 am

Everything is on the screens. Download and look at the manual, and email me if you have any questions.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Macros