Manual Tool Change with Probing Screen

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Re: Manual Tool Change with Probing Screen

Postby Delco » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:52 am

Good to know it was yours , never ever claimed ownership , and actually say in my video it is not mine :) . I modified it to have a couple of popups to do what i wanted it to do. I think I introduced a bug where sometimes it will think its already done the toolchange even though it hasnt . the error occurs just before it goes to the probe screen .

Denzoe , if you could look at it and see what I have done wrong that would be great. I have attached the one I have been using :)

Would also be good if guys put a header in who created the macro and change history , i would have credited you with it :)
Attachments
M6.txt
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
Delco

Postby dezsoe » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:04 am

Hello Delco, I don't see any obvious thing. However, you use the older version of this macro. Try the one I posted here. You can find where it fails if you put exec.AddStatusmessage() calls with some status, or if you don't want to mess up the status window then enable and show the console plugin and use Console.WriteLine(). When I want to find the failing position then I just write "1", "2", etc. to the console and when it fails then I see which was the last message.

There's no ownership, this macro (and many others) is posted here, anyone can use it. :) Your videos are fine!
dezsoe

Postby dezsoe » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:06 am

I forgot to write that the new version checks if the limit traverse speed is enabled on the probe setup page and moves with that speed.
dezsoe

Postby BiuTse » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:12 am

Now I have the problem, that I wanted to change the settings from "Ignore M6" to M6 macro.
But I cant put negative numbers in z safe height (in these settings)

And is there a way to check/debug the macro? Just putting M6 in MDI doesn't work. Nothing happens
BiuTse

Postby dezsoe » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 am

For the probing system you have to set safe Z on the probe screen / setup page. Don't forget to turn on greater Z is safer in G17. M6 alone does nothing: you have to write M6 Tx, where x is 1 to 96, the tool number to change to.
dezsoe

Postby BiuTse » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi, thanks

I also noticed that after probing the tool it goes back to the workpiece and down to z=0
is there a way (setting) to also stop before?
BiuTse

Postby dezsoe » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:05 pm

No, it goes back exactly as high as it was when started. If you pull up the Z before you start the M6 then it will return to that higher position. E.g.:

Code: Select all
G0 Z20
M6 T1

(The tip of the new tool will be as high as it was: it calculates with the probed Z position.)
dezsoe

Postby BiuTse » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:02 am

Nice thx
BiuTse

Postby Delco » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 am

Denzoe , I upgraded to your newer M6 macro BUT on occasion when doing a long machining operation it comes to the T#M6 part of the code , it starts to do the toolchange macro but hangs after the dwell , changes the tool number but does not go to the probe screen to perform the probe ? . If I stop the program and manually change tool number and then press tool change it performs it fine . Any ideas ? 95% of the time it works perfectly fine.
example code

(6mm Contour Finish Full Depth Spring (2))
M9
M5
G69 (Cancel G68 rotation)
(Move to tool change position)
M202 (Pause program for tool change)
T7 M6 (flat end mill D=6. 6mm x22mm 2F)
S14000 M3
G64
G54
M1068 (initialise G68 rotation)
Delco

Postby DavidR8 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:13 am

@delco @dezsoe
Was the hanging problem ever fixed in the newer M6 macro noted above?
DavidR8

PreviousNext

Return to Macros