Toggle Type User Button linked to Macro

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Re: Toggle Type User Button linked to Macro

Postby Robertspark » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:00 pm

You never know....
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Makes sense with hand / manual programming to me anyway
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:05 pm

I almost typed "unless they are hand coding".... :oops:
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Dan911 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:53 am

I played/experimented with this this morning and IMO using any sort of RFH in G91 is not possible unless UCCNC changes something, whether it's and arch or simple rectangle. The only success I found to use RFH is bringing back to X, Y, Z positions before G91 was called which makes it kind of useless in most cases.

Dan
Dan911

Postby ger21 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Vmax549 wrote:The last survey I saw claimed of all the CNC machinist in the USA more than 50% still did Conversational and Hand coding on a daily basis.

"Machinists" aren't the only people using CNC machines. :D And what's the ratio of "Machinists" to "Button Pushers" (Operators)?

What percentage of UCCNC users hand code daily?
While I'm more than capable of hand coding, I can get the exact same code faster from CAD/CAM.
If you think about it, there's no difference between 2D CAD and hand coding. You either enter the coordinates in CAD, or type them out in an editor.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Dan911 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:00 am

Vmax549 wrote:Hi Dan, There is a bug in RFH ;) that prevent RFH from working in G91 mode. I found it testing and can duplicate it at will. I can also work around that bug and it WILL work.
(;-) TP

Hi Terry, rainy Saturday here and had some time to experiment/play and see the problem you described. Using the RFH button... it's using the last Gcode line axis coordinates with G90, and if used in G91 Gcodeing it's sending spindle into the twilight zone. Exactly as you already pointed out in this thread.

Good news in my testing I found NOT using the RFH button and with a simple Stop() and Cycle Start UCCNC holds and runs the last Gcode line(G91) but just not in proper starting position with RFH button. Putting it there and all works great!

The FreeHoldPlus plugin I been developing now does this, I created a routine suggested by Robertspark in this thread that converts the G91 Gcode to
G90 coordinates. It is not possible and mentioned somewhere in this thread to bring back to Stop() postion XYcoordinates in G91 due to UCCNC internal coding but will bring back to start position of Gcode line it was Stop() in. (Thanks Robert!).

G90 will bring back to where stopped after jogging/moving from stopped coordinates and continue with Gcode file.
G91 will bring back to Gcode line start after jogging/moving from stopped coordinates and continue with Gcode file.

FHPlus.JPG

Will upload to UCCNC Toolbox after more testing tweaking but any1 interested in testing PM Email.

Dan
Dan911

Previous

Return to Macros