Problems using constructor and distructor to save current...

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Re: Problems using constructor and distructor to save curren

Postby Vmax549 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Even teh BEST programmers do not have a crystal ball. There is NO current way to tell in UCCNC if there is a conflict with DROs LEDS,Flags,checkboxes,etc.

Nothing is registered in any way and searching thru the 52K+ lines of teh default screenset will not do much for you.

The good thing about it is the programmers are free to do any thing they want and any way they want to do it.

The BAD thing about it is the programmers are free to do any thing they want and any way they want to do it.

It is not always a good thing to be left to your own demise :P

Commercial controllers have done a good job of protecting users from themselves. BUT you do have to be willing to listen to what they want and provide a good set of user features for them to use WITHOUT them having to try and create them.

Todays generation of USERS are more about making chips rather than building and debugging their machine.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby ger21 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:03 pm

No, but if UCCNC didn't allow me to do what it does, I'd be using something else that does.
Gerry
UCCNC 2017 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html
ger21

Postby Vmax549 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Ger do you fill the same way about the controllers at work ???

You and I are getting to be a small subset of what users want :)

They do not want to work ON the machine they want to work WITH the machine to make parts.

It appears to be the new normal for DIY cnc. And the term DIY is vanishing fast. They want plug and play.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Robertspark » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:26 pm

The probably of a conflict is relatively low for a shared variable, is it not?

First you can choose to use any variable from a fair range, and then you have a fairly large number base that you could use as a variable
Rob
Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself”
...working my way through the 1000+ ways things don't work to find the one that does
UC400eth, UC300eth, UCCNC v1.2106, Neuron Lite
UCCNC v1.2105 Macro Manual
Robertspark

Postby Vmax549 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi Robert, You would think so BUT it was the same way with Mach3.

With #vars there are NO reserved numbers for different functions so conflicts will be normal there. I have already run into that. Other users that are used to teh Fanuc/Haas way run into trouble quickly. And do they ever fuss (;-) when it bits them.

KLAUSE helped out a lot in MachScreen I got him to do a report of all elements concerning a screenset. It also showed possible conflicts of elements.

I have several for UCCNC that will report important elements and where they are used. Not pretty scripting but it works.

Dealing with Mach3 was fairly easy as there is only 1 screenset to deal with. With UCCNC there are 52K+ lines of code covering about 14 possible screensets all in one file.

Now if someone wanted some practice parsing teh file (;-) take a look at how KLAUS did it in MachScreen. The results are in spreadsheet layout.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby ger21 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:05 am

Ger do you fill the same way about the controllers at work ???

The machines I use at work have custom controls, and while complex, are actually pretty basic. They don't need any customization, and don't really allow it.

Yes, 95% just want to run there machines, and most don't need any customization at all. Other pay me to do it. :D

In the past, DIY was the only option. Now there are a lot of options to get up and running quickly.

The probably of a conflict is relatively low for a shared variable, is it not?

I used ONE in my screenset, and was informed that it was in conflict with the AutoLeveler plugin, which iirc, uses 100 or more vars.
Gerry
ger21

Postby Vmax549 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:01 am

Go get um TIGER :D . Make it while you can.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby dezsoe » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:50 am

That's why I never use #variables to store any data, and the IDs of all of my custom fields and LEDs are stored in the profile, so they can be changed in minutes to resolve a field/LED number collision. (This would also be true for checkboxes and lists, but I never use them.)
dezsoe

Postby ger21 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:33 am

Yes, for the people doing the customization, conflicts are easy to resolve.
For people downloading various plugins and macros, not so much.

With UCCNC, you also probably won't have a million different screens to choose from like Mach3 users had. While it's easy to create a screen, or modify for your own use, it's a lot more work supporting all the various motion controllers.
Gerry
ger21

Postby Vmax549 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Well I can say with Building Macro Wizards you use Windows Form elements not UCCNC elements themselves so there is really ZERO chance of interference from a Wizard to UCCNC.

Pretty much teh same with plugin Wizards.

Unlike mach3 that relied on teh use of OEM elements that could overlap with screen elements.

About the only real problem would be in screen building where you added on Pages to teh original screen set. That would only come into play when someone figures out how to properly UPDATE a screen set with new features. That way IF I created a new screen feature YOU could add that feature to your screen set by running an update screen routine no matter which controller you ran.

I have a prototype script function that does some of that but I have not finished it yet.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

PreviousNext

Return to Macros